Bob Dylan freed our mind the way Elvis Presley freed our body

Freeeeee your mind, and the rest will follow

Be colour bliiiiiiind, don't be so shallow!

No, I don't believe that. He was just a musician.

He wasn't a prophet, he was just the most accessible of many decades of folk-music struggle.

define free our mind and body, as far as im concerned, I still dont like Elvis and Bob Dylan only has five or six good songs.

Plenty of other people helped to open my mind : Barry Neil Kauffman, Thom Hartmann, Daniel Quinn, Jean Liedloff, the list goes on but not Dylan in particular. How Does It Feel is his only song that doesn't annoy my ears & I did not find it particularly captivating, moving or awe inspiring.

Bob Dylan freed our mind the way Elvis Presley freed our body.

Do you believe this?

No, and I don't think Elvis "freed our body" either.

No, I don't believe that. He was just a musician.

He was a lot more than that. He was a poet of a generation, the artistic inspiration for thousands, a practical father to a musical genre, and a cultural icon.

As a musician...I don't think he was very good, but that was never his calling card.

We should be able to tag posts with an opinion card, not everyone agrees with those statements, Its borderline insulting to assume that an entire generation accepted him as "there" poet.

Why Bob Dylan instead of I dunno, this little group from Liverpool called the Beatles...

Bob Dylan was an influential cultural figure who influenced music and fashion and such. Nothing more.

We should be able to tag posts with an opinion card, not everyone agrees with those statements, Its borderline insulting to assume that an entire generation accepted him as "there" poet.

we should be able to flag posts for misspelling of words that sound similar. :p

Thats such an arbitrary thing in the English language wy do we even have that?

If I wanted to free my mind or body, then I'd take the appropriate drugs. Listening to music icons just won't do it for me.

He was an artist and therefore influential.

How did Bob Dylan free our minds? By forcefully ignoring decades of musical progression? Or by inspiring hundreds and hundreds of equally crappy coffehouse musicians? Just curious.

Top Bottom