1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bodissey/vyeh SMAX PBEM TTT

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by vyeh, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Metaliturtle

Metaliturtle Apolyton Original NESser

4th attempt to post something in this thread just to say it's entertaining, hopefully CFC doesn't crash me again...

2. Tarvok

Tarvok Chieftain

Could someone explain to me what happened here? Why wasn't I, the CMN, told where the action was going to take place? I was wondering why nobody else was posting in the TTT I established over at WPC, and didn't find out that it was because vyeh established a TTT elsewhere until just today.

I didn't think of them sending my turn to you, Vyeh, though now that I think of it, that works better given we've got two reporters between Bodissy's turn and yours. I'll PM it to you.

3. vyeh

vyeh Emperor

:)lol:)

(I've received Tarvok's password.)

(Tarvok, I sent a PM via 'poly to Ironwood, Bodissey and Russia4Life on June 6. I apologize for the confusion. At this point, Metaliturtle could explain what happened. So could Buster's Uncle and Russia4Life. However, I set up this thread so Bodissey and I could continue our game.)

(Russia4Life, could you email me the save (I PMed it to you via 'poly)?)

(Metaliturtle, I also have had a problem with receiving a spam attack (pop up claiming there was a virus). I reported it.)

Caretaker Vyeh's log:

We have detected some primitive signals coming from south of our position. We keep seeing the symbols "CNN" and pictures of Manifold Six repeated over and over. We conclude that "CNN" must be the primitive's name for god. We have sent a unit to make contact and offer a pact.

Although the society is primitive and we can't communicate yet, we hope that together, we and the Manifold Six worshippers, can contain Usurper Bodissey's heresy.

We look forward to meeting our fellow worshipers.

4. Metaliturtle

Metaliturtle Apolyton Original NESser

Sorry vyeh, this forum has always been too glitchy, I'm sick of typing stuff in and getting booted right away.

5. Tarvok

Tarvok Chieftain

Okay, new rule.

If I'm CMNing, contact me on the site I set the game up on... that, or my email address, which was quite prominently posted in the TTT. Honestly, the only reason I've even bothered to visit 'poly, now that pretty much everybody had migrated to WPC (and the forums there have pretty much been dead except for ongoing turn tracking threads), is because I'm playing in Future Time. I didn't even realize I had PMs there. I wasn't expecting any.

So, what's happened? Has everybody jumped ship again, this time from WPC to CFC?

6. Buster's Uncle

Buster's Uncle AC2 Co-Owner

Weelll, it's not dignified for gentlemen to go over the details publicly. I'll spill my guts if you want to take it to PM or email...

This is Buster's Uncle, on the scene on Chiron.

7. vyeh

vyeh Emperor

(Tarvok, I sincerely apologized. There were, um, other issues besides the game. We had some minor issues getting the first turn completed (I gave Buster's Uncle the wrong email address for Bodissey, Bodissey didn't see the email from Buster's Uncle).)

(Now if only I could get the turn from Russia4Life.)

Caretaker vyeh's log:

Our scouts encountered some garbage from a space faring race. Upon examination, our scientists discovered some type of survey pod. After a lot of analysis, we crack the encryption and sent our formers to the map location to exploit the resources.

8. Tarvok

Tarvok Chieftain

I went ahead and sent vyeh his turn. Because my game is set to auto at the moment, whoever comes before me can feel free to send my turn directly on to vyeh... though I would like a copy so I can see what's going on. I'll return to this thread again once I either have a news story to post or I want to make sure the next turn is sent to me alone, so I can play it before vyeh gets it.

If you want to contact me directly, do not PM me here. The best way to contact me is via email. My participation on forums will likely be minimal for the forseeable future, so there will be really only three threads I'll be "officially" following: Future Time TTT on Apolyton, Just For Fun on WePlayCiv, and this one here.

9. vyeh

vyeh Emperor

2103 (attached) to Buster's Uncle (my email was rejected twice).

Caretaker Vyeh log:

Second base Caretaker Reverence founded.

We continue to receive transmissions from the "CNN" (which we interpreted to mean Manifold Six) worshippers. Our emissary has successfully penetrated xenofungus on the way to meet these worshippers. Although they are primitive, they worship the same god.

Attached Files:

10. Russia4Life

Russia4Life Chieftain

error--------------

11. Buster's Uncle

2103 to Bodissey.
    Beg pardon?

BUTT finds all quiet on Chiron so far. Part of investigative reporting is doing the legwork, however long it takes to dig up the truth. Our team of reporters is hard at work finding the action.

The wonders of an alien world surround us; the gravity is almost unnoticeably heavier- though ye Editor’s flat feet protest the difference. The colors of things are slightly off; the red of the local weeds stains the landscape, looking eerily like bloodstains. It is exciting, but often disquieting to be here.

The airwaves sometimes fill with alien… sounds. Some sounding like whale song echoing; some, like the whine of machinery, shifting to something like the sound of wind, or waves crashing on the shore. We are seeking the source of this sporadic alien (entertainment channel?) and monitoring the frequency in hopes that an announcer will speak, that we may begin translation. Thus far our transmissions have received no reply but distorted, echo-filled rebroadcasts of our hails.

Ladies and Gentlemen, apparently BUTT is the fair and balanced source for news even with bug-eyed space monsters! They are pirating our signal for their newsbreaks!

Buster’s Uncle, Chiron.

12. vyeh

vyeh Emperor

Has the turn passed to Bodissey?

Caretaker vyeh's log:

Our second base is located on the shores of a huge freshwater sea.

13. Buster's Uncle

14. Bodissey

Bodissey Chieftain

Conqueror log
    Fungus: everywhere.
    Second base site: not ideal.
    Need: more information.

15. vyeh

vyeh Emperor

Russia4Life, be sure to email me Tarvok's turn when you send it to him.

16. Russia4Life

Russia4Life Chieftain

turn sent to tarvok and now it will be sent to vyeh.....

RNN was quite fortunate today poping a pod worth 100 EC's upon doing this they discovered they were in the lead for wealth. They have also promptly switched to planned economics, A spokesman for RNN gave a statement, "We cannot figure out how we already had knowledge of such an economic system at such an early stage, but none-the-less we are going to take advantage of it."

There is still no new news on the war between the two alien faction, we will however continue our pursuit of information on this conflict, and bring you any new developments as they happen.

17. vyeh

vyeh Emperor

2104 to Buster's Uncle

Caretaker vyeh's log:

Our southern emissary is hemmed in by more xenofungus. We are hoping to find and capture a mindworm.

We have picked up a second set of signals where "RNN" is repeated. Since this symbol is accompanied by pictures of Manifold Six's oceans, we can only conclude that "RNN" is the devil whose domain is the deep oceans and that these signals originate with devil worshippers ...

18. Buster's Uncle

19. vyeh

vyeh Emperor

2104 to Bodissey

BUTT is pleased to announce that one of its reporter/photographer teams has successfully penetrated the fungus.

20. Tarvok

Tarvok Chieftain

Looks like Buster's Uncle is quitting the game. He leaves with my well wishes, and I hope to see him back some day.

That last spot isn't vital to the core of the game: the challenge between Bodissey and Vyeh, so my inclination is somehow to convert Buster's Uncle's Titanic Times to nonplayer status, allowing the AI to take control. Of course, that means whoever is their progenitor neighbor is free to conquer that spot, if necessary or desirable. (I'm fairly certain it is possible to hand a player spot over to the AI; I'm just not sure how... yet.) (EDIT: Thanks to Vyeh, I now know our options: we can take on another player; Buster's Uncle last city can be destroyed by one of his own units (if another player's unit does this, bad things happen to the save file); Buster's Uncle's Titanic Times can be retired, handing his faction over to the AI. )

So I'm opening it up to you guys. How would you rather this were handled?