Boff-05 Izzy Wizzy was unBearable (Izzy,Emp,Cont/Is)

Liquidated

Goofed Up on Cough Syrup!
Ok, More Questionable Play(TM) in the form of another Bandwidth Hogging Boff-0 brand Disaster-in-the-Making(C). Grover is back for more punishment and, the shock of all shocks, so is fellow 'Fort Fanatic' DiamondEye. Not only does it appear DE tolerates the antics of Liq and Silver but is known to have hogged entire wars all to himself!

[party]

Truly a kindred Spirit in all but City Naming!

So leader for this round of embarrassing miscues is..

Izzy @ Emperor Difficulty, Epic Speed.

The map script is a modified Big and Small script named Continents and Islands with extra 15% water and uh island region mixed in. Very impressed with jam3's script.

Standard map size with 7 Civ's total on Emp difficulty. Only option marked are permanent alliances for the futility of it all. The RNG will add all the nutcase leaders for us.:cry:

As always, 5 starts to choose from, all doubtless featuring Toku next door and Monty in the shadows.

Map A (Corn Row)
Spoiler :

Map B (Bacon Bits)
Spoiler :

Map C (Clam Chowder)
Spoiler :

Map D (Banana Split)
Spoiler :

Map E (Lamb Chops)
Spoiler :

Not very pretty eh?

The victims for this run are..
DiamondEye
Grover22
S.ilver
Liquidated

In an order to Determined.

4 people is perfectly fine for a Boff-0 but well if you know what form of torture one our sg's are, yet inexplicably still want to join, there are a few rules that are not cut and pasted from DMI ;)

Spoiler :
This SG is mainly because silver and Liq replace solo games with SG's as we cannot focus well enough, thankyou, on our own. Not really short attention span, more like too much booty shakin music going on in the background to min max whipping.

As such if you really want to join this game..

A. The report is as important as the game play. - If you cannot write up a report and post it so it's actually readable and explains *why* you just chopped half the wonder earmarked trees to speed up archer production then please don;t bother hehe.

B. Try to play. If you don;t have the time to play a turn set AND properly report it, just skip. Rather not get a rushed hit-next-turnx15 that lands the sg into trouble... again. we can do that just fine in solo games thanks.

C. Actively participate in the SG discussion and follow along with what the team agrees on.

If you cannot devote the time and effort, this doomed sg really doesn't need the help hehe.

Other than all that, peeps welcome! The more booze/humor brought, the better.

Roughly a 24/24 Got it :D as Liq is not one to easily allow an SG to stall :whipped:

30/20 turn the first round, 10-15ish rest of the game and there is NEVER a hard turn limit. Keep in mind turn whoring is welcome when there's a good reason behind it all (defending against backstabbers, kicking the snot out of uppity rexers etc).

Cheers!
-Liquidated

Yeah B is super sexeh agreed. :D at the risk of losing a fish in the fog, moving one north is even more powerful as it picks up a grass hill and another river side plains prolly.

Not sure there's such as thing as too good a start here, well not in boffo rolls. :lol:

Cheers!
-Liq

Hi guys :),

lurker comment: too bad the warrior is so far from the plain hill... there is no way of making a sea food check without loosing one turn (or two if you want to settle one north)...
To be noted: all those start have a 2 commerce tile in the first ring (some have a 2 f 2 c tile in the first ring) so basically poly is a given if you want to grab a religion (early happiness and gold). Going poly -> bronze working -> chopping stonehenge (building worker while teching poly) is very strong for Izzy...
Now if you met Buddhist Monty on turn 20 ... :lol:
OK, I will shut up now and let you play your game guys ;) Good luck (I would be tempted to sign in but 4 SGs in a row is a hard cap for me :), 5 and my GF leaves me :lol:)!

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Hola RRR, you are welcome to join a boff any old time, We'd be honored:D Rest assured more boffo's incoming once it turns out Buddhist Monty is 6 tiles north.

Map wise, just throw out A and C :lol:

E is right at the south pole meaning the only way out is up. Combine that with a rather meh starting area so far and eh.. skip.

D is viable (spain on a lake) though I don;t see many hammers coming from that since it's the minimum 3x grass hills.

I'd vote B as well, though whether to move north a tile or not is too early.

Cheers!
-Liq

Throw C out? I would say C or D are the only ones that feel tempting to me!

And yes, I do spam forts on unusable tiles when I have nothing else to do. Helps picking up resources later on.

Gogo religionfounding!

just wanted to say, I read everything in game #4 and you guys make the game so much fun to follow. I am not your caliber of player (Monarch) but am reading to make the jump up and these games are a wealth of knowledge.

I appreciate when someone FULLY discusses every little detail...

cheers and keep the good times rolling

Be sure to check out boff3 featuring Damascus, The Entertainment Capital of the World, which poped to size 3 in uh 1200 ad? :confused:

We strive to make our doomed games entertaining.

Thanks for the kind words:)

Btw DE, B has Pork!

Oh Liq's official vote is B or D. Either one is fine.

Cheers!
-Liq

Checking in.

My vote would be for D, as all the other maps have quite a lot of water on them. At least D looks like we'll have some decent places to settle. We have some seafood as well, to bulk up on pop faster and help us put out settlers that much quicker.

Keep in mind that this map script is water heavy, and that not all island and continent chains will be contiguous (or at least it looked that way from some sample maps that I generated).

Ok D it is.. liq calls shot gun!

DE you can start it since you clearly are channeling the izzy wizzy bear of the deepest woods.:bowdown:

30 ish turns, please pop many techs!

Let liq get a shower in before discussing overall strat

Cheers!
-Liq

Attachments

• Boff-05 BC-4000d.CivBeyondSwordSave
    32.3 KB · Views: 84
Mkay! I will play my turns tomorrow, so you have time for plenty of showers and still enough for telling me what to do :gripe:

//: Izzy Wizzy sat on a wall,
Izzy Wizzy made a great fall,
all the kings horses and all the kings men,
couldn't put Izzy together again ://

Settling in place is the clear winner here as it's one of those magical freshwater coastal starts only capital locations get. blue circle is of course one east =p

Ok so for initial worker techs, all we need is mining and agril.

One gambit is score hindu and chop stonehenge to force the shrine via poly -> mining -> bw = 631 beakers with 3 commerce is 210 turns total, 17 turns for poly.

Working the lake is 1 hammer overall for 45 turns but growth in 17 when it can work the wooded hills for two more hammers. so 9.33 turns after that to push the boat out on turn 27.

Worker overall is 30 turns with no growth and not much to do so that makes no sense.

Warrior first makes the most sense normally but in this case, going to have to skip that in favor of getting those clams cooking.

Scouting path is uh hills overlooking the jungle to the south(south eastish) and then maybe swing west (north of the jungle proper) and a lazy north to scout the next town.

Sound about right?

Ok well if we go Poly-> Mining -> BW building workboat->worker->warrior barring events etc.

turn 1 settle in place, work lake, place work boat on queue.

Turn 17 Capital size 2 poly comes in. move extra work to forested hill , workboat in 9.33 turns. Mining in 10 (agril in 12)

Turn 27 workboat is out and clams worked. Mining comes in, 18 turns on BW (8 turns on agril. Build on worker starts.

Turn 45(2875 BC) BW comes in same turn worker pops. So they can get to chopping right away. Barbs soon need to pop at least a warrior hehe. we have 4 forests we need to get rid of as they are adjacent to the capital.

If we are 6 tiles from toku again, I'd say screw stonehenge hehe

How early does Stonehenge normally fall in emp and do he have a chance without stone?

Cheers!
-Liq

One gambit is score hindu and chop stonehenge to force the shrine via poly -> mining -> bw = 631 beakers with 3 commerce is 210 turns total, 17 turns for poly.

That can't be right. 210 turns for those 3 techs?? Are you forgetting the +8 cash from the palace in our capital, maybe? (Or whatever it is in this set of map/difficulty/speed?)

Grover

Here's a plan that gets us all three of Poly, Mining, BW by turn 44. (I just couldn't swallow that 210 number...) We also build a workboat, a warrior, and 55/90 of a worker in that time. Poly comes in after turn 19. (So on turn 20, I guess?)

Beakers needed: Poly 234
Mining: 117
BW: 280

But we should get a 20% research bonus towards Poly because we know Mysticism and a 20% research bonus towards BW because we'll know Mining when we research it.

I've played around with Izzy in a few scratch starts on other maps to chart a response function to see how the 20% bonus handles rounding. The formulae appear to be...
No bonus: actual beakers/turn = city screen beakers/turn + 1
20% bonus: actual beakers/turn = (city screen beakers/turn + 1)*1.2, always rounded down to a whole number

So producing 9, or 14, or 19, or one less than some multiple of 5 doesn't waste any of the 20% bonus. Count 8 from the palace plus 1 from the city center tile plus commerce from any other worked tiles to get the city screen beakers number.

The-Hammer-Me-a-Workboat-Strategy

Turns 1-15
Research Poly (20% bonus applies)
Start a workboat (0/45)
Work forest/plains/hill until the workboat is done, 15 turns at +1 food, 3 hammers, (9+1)*1.2=12 beakers/turn
Workboat finishes, no overflow, 15/33 stored food, 180/234 beakers towards Poly

Turns 16-19
Keep researching Poly (20% bonus)
Start a warrior (0/22)
Work improved clams (4f/2c) for 4 turns at +4food, +1 hammer, (11+1)*1.2=14 beakers/turn
Poly finishes with 2 overflow, 31/33 stored food, 4/22 hammers into warrior

Turn 20
Research Mining (2/117, no bonus)
Work improved clams for 1 turn at +4 food, +1 hammer, (11+1)=12 beakers/turn
Grow to size 2, 2/36 stored food, 5/22 hammers into warrior, 14/117 beakers towards Mining

Turns 21-28
Keep researching Mining (14/117)
Work improved clams and lake for 8 turns at +4 food, +1 hammer, (13+1)=14 beakers/turn
Mining finishes with 9 beakers overflow, 34/36 food, 13/22 hammers into warrior

Turn 29
Start BW (9/280) (20% bonus)
Work clams and lake for 1 turn at +4 food, +1 hammer, (13+1)*1.2=16 beakers/turn
Grow to size 3, 2 food overflow, 14/22 hammers into warrior, 25/280 beakers towards Mining

Turns 30-33
Work clams, lake, and grass/hill/river at +3 food, +2 hammer, +(14+1)*1.2=18 beakers/turn
Warrior finishes with no overflow, 14/39 stored food, 97/280 beakers towards BW

Turns 34-44
Start worker (0/90)
Work clams, lake, and grass/hill/river for 11 turns at +5 hammer (3 from food), +(14+1)*1.2=18 beakers/turn
BW finishes with 15 beakers overflow, 14/39 stored food, 55/90 hammers into worker

yeah ok pushing out workboat ->warrior->worker beats workboat -> worker where since we have viable tile to work.

For great justice!

Cheers!
-Liq

BW finishes with 15 beakers overflow, 14/39 stored food, 55/90 hammers into worker

nice plan and nice math! Whipping the worker makes sense then, overflowing some hammers in SH... You could then start chopping :).
@Liq: SH on Emperor can fall at very different dates, but you better hope Huyna is not around (myst, industrious) :p. i'd say having it before 2000 BC is a good thing, after that it's very risky (usually GW falls before SH, dunno why :confused:).

Cheers

yeah 2000ish bc seems about right, Thanks rrr.

HC being in a boff game would be uncommon to say the least. The RNG only has 6 slots to fit toku and his nutcase friends in such that a civ with two builder traits seems a flight of fantasy!

Cheers!
-Liq

Top Bottom