Boff-06 Everybody Loves a Well Dressed Man (Meh, Emp, Iceage)

ug liq is back from the va! yay. anyway goofed up on pain killer and anti nausea and no idea wtf else currently so uh yeah will try and catch up.

Cheers!
-Liq'ddd

Hi Liq!

Good to hear you are back... I think we can safely say you are up! :)

Lurker comment: there is lurker interest.

yeah let this game jsut hold. Liq is on serious effing drugs and silver is "tanned" to use the parlance of a long dying mmo guild :D

My attention span is worth about 5 mins on any one thing it seems before being forced to rush for the rest room (honestly you don;t want to know) such that anything civ related is just ugly.

Best to just stall this game and pick it up when we can all focus on the game.

mmmm sleep...

Cheers!
-Liq'ddd

@Muxec, Der Graf: I wanted to play some turns but I think it's better to just wait for Liq and the others... there are other games to watch ;)

@Liq: that seems some serious stuff... I am hoping you'll get better soon ;) The ottomans wait for their captain!

Cheers

@Liq, if you have a laptop computer you can civ from the restroom.

@all: Feels like this game is going to be liquidated... :/

:crazyeye: People are actually watching this? :lol:

Well, things have been a bit rough for me (summers are no fun working 6 days a week). I'm in Massachusetts right now connecting from the Prime Outlets at Lee, so I won't be able to play until I get back home. Besides, I think I grabbed the last set anyways.

If everyone is scattered, I suppose I could try to pick up the save when I get home, but I have precious little free time until school starts up again (strange that way eh?).

Alright, let's do some thread necromancy here (although it's still on the first page, so that status is debatable).

Long story short. Liq had some medical problems that sidelined him, and I had stepped out of the fire of my exams and into some summer work. That itself is bad enough, but then most of the rest of the team had travel plans or whatnot... So Boff-06 died a slow and painful death due to neglect.

Well... sort of... We were going to of course pick up this game again in the future (ala Boff-01), but at this point, we figure no one really cares anymore (heck, I couldn't even remember what we were doing in the game, and I took the last set!), and since Liq is not up to SGing for a bit, I decided to take the save and finish this game off.

------

No turn-by-turn this time... No, not even a real report, as we're just closing the door on Boff-06.

Basically I took the game and whacked end turn for about a hundred years while using automated workers, governor suggestions and whatnot. The only thing I did was to min-max our tech rate and aggressively spread Hinduism to all our cities via Organized Religion.

A dual approach here... Everyone essentially loves us because we haven't been fighting with them and we are now their religion. They also get big +trade modifiers because the AI is scamming us so badly on tech trades for us to catch up to them (we did catch up in tech, by the way).

So the idea was to shoot for a Diplo victory either through the AP, or the UN. Well, it turns out that Augustus was the AP resident, and he switched to Free Religion. So that screwed it up with no elections for X number of years, and by then, Mass Media was around.

Our production sucked, due to me being lazy with the auto workers, so Hanni ended up beating us to the UN. But since we were so huge with land and population (and supporters), we easily won both UN votes.

So that about sums up Boff-06. Pretty lame as I wasn't keeping score of the whack enter. Oh, the other notable thing is that Sury voluntarily vassaled to Qin (no idea), and Hannibal finally spammed enough tundra cities in our north to spin them off as Izzy....

------

Yeah, so the Boff series is on indefinite hold until Liq has had some recovery time, before we set off on the next "Questionable Adventure". If there's any interest (and after I've had to clear out the rust, AGAIN) I may or may not host aCK-3, again, sorry to the folks for jumping ship like that, the summer came up fast and furious.

Attachments

• Boff-06 AD-1868.CivBeyondSwordSave
    375.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Boff-06 AD-1869.CivBeyondSwordSave
    375.4 KB · Views: 65
I had PMed Liq to say I would do the same... You were first (currently on vacations)!

Congrats on finishing this!
I wish the best to Liq and that he can be back to SGing soon :salute:

Cheers,
Ras

Liq is in a bad state for actual... you know... critical thought and concentration. Least Nascar is entertaining in this sort of mind state....:confused:

So other than a dead boring game on a wet cardboard map(not sure why Boff-03 was so effing fun hehe) small wonder it devolved into Whack Endturn for the easy dip win. To get to that stage though all hail Loki:goodjob:

The real hero of Boff-06 was Loki and his Amazing Chariot Rush:trophy:

Without such bravery, this game would have never gotten to the Whack Endturn stage. Cheers Mate!

So yeah liq will be out a few more months at the least still.:(

Cheers!
-Liq'd

Top Bottom