Boff-06 Everybody Loves a Well Dressed Man (Meh, Emp, Iceage)

hehe "RRRwtf" is a Boff-0 badge of honor to be honest. Don't ask a Liq why, the logic of it all is lost in the deep sapphire swirls of the Magic NyQuil Bottle...

Anyway yeah this game doesn't look too bad as Nappy is obviously having a horrible time of it if we are at par power with him. Thebes is looking like an 'Absolut' Power House as it has the food to run 3x plains hills just from the sugar + crappy cows. Farm all those garbage plains and come Bio, BLAM the place SPLODES!!!!! IW town for sure.

As for the western dot map, I vastly prefer Silver's map to the Ras' as a grass tile is as good as gold on this farging map. Cottage those bad boys and just forget about the fact it's gonna take a few thousand years to grow into the tiles :lol:

I would suggest we do our best to skip beelining code of laws and Theo just so Confusion and Christianity are discovered 'over there'.

Feel free to grab the game ras as you can spam the archers we need haha.

Cheers!
-Liq

Thanks Diamondeye! I think I have it all done pat now

We might want to spread our multiple religions around, and try to shrine them...nice cash out put

but really I would assume that we get the techs needed to launch a war against Nappy since he is not having the game of his life :lol: Plus the Aes, MC, maybe even Calender...that should delay the Religion techs long enough and let us make our economy/empire much more efficient.

Perhaps even a push for the AP although that would likely mean getting Jesus around the time the AI does or sooner, so that may go against the religious outlook were taking.

Sorry, I keep saying "we" when I am NOTEVEN PLAYING ....

my bad

If we really think the AP is a good bet, we can tech Theology until there is one turn left, and then tech it the turn after the founders and gogogo cheesy AP!

Then again, we could focus on what the Ottomans clearly did best... Aggressively "integrating" other cultures :mwaha:

Then again, we could focus on what the Ottomans clearly did best... Aggressively "integrating" other cultures :mwaha:

Hum I would really prefer that we focus on killing Nappy (HR, construction) and then fixing/starting the eco (COL/currency/CS) than trying to do everything. I hardly see how the AP could be game breaking for us. Unless we commit to a religious victory...

Cheers

Lets get pults and knock the Frenchman into the stone age...literally...

For an iceage map, this is playing more like a plains map

odd

I have looked again at the save, and it appears we have only 4 chariots to take the last egyptian city (40% defense already). How about taking a 10 turns peace to build few more chariots and perhaps a library in the capital (or a settler for the gold)? In the meantime, Hatty is likely to split its forces...

yeah imo hatty having two towns is stronger in that it splits her forces AND busts fog hehe. Sounds good.

Seems we should pop a few more archers for defence befor frilly things but meh... just liq's paranoia.

Cheers!
-Liq

I have looked again at the save, and it appears we have only 4 chariots to take the last egyptian city (40% defense already). How about taking a 10 turns peace to build few more chariots and perhaps a library in the capital (or a settler for the gold)? In the meantime, Hatty is likely to split its forces...

I'd rather do a ceasefire, but otherwise I agree. as we can't get anything out of a 10 turn peace (no tech, no gold, only delays)

Okay I played 16 (?) turns, without anything much happening...

First, just to get her out of war mode, I take peace with Hatty (notice: No treaty, just ceasefire):

But when a few turns later, an Egyptian Worker shows up ready for punt, I simply can't resist!

So in thread with our naming conventions...

I keep killing off barbs, but there keeps coming more. The first few spearmen have been sighted - not a good sign!

In the entire turnset, I lost a single Chariot to barbs: 99,7% victory odds...

An AI somewhere else is being smart. Bets are whoever controls this Wonder will be the most powerful AI when we meet them.

As I approach Hatty for another ceasefire (she got another Worker back :) ), I notice this...

I locate the city but it has two archers, and 20% culture before enough chariots can show up.

I burnt some of our gold on running 50% tech for about half the turns.

So, overview - all our units in the city are chariots:

Notice the barbarian heading our way :sad:

Good set, 20% and 2 archers are nothing, its not on a hill, IMO we need some fogbusters out West as soon as Hatty dies, as I am tired of barbs for one:lol:

Declare on Hatty as much as you want, ceasefire it up, this is ice age raging barbs, its not abusing game mechanics, its survival

This is shaping up nice to be honest! With the constant c/f with Hatty and worker punt it saves having to build as many!

The barbs are a major hassle, but I am glad you chose not to allow GW as at least one strong civ will survive :lol:

I assume Elephantine will be razed and Memphis kept?

IW is a slow go, but will be well worth it when it comes in

Hi :),

Nice set DE... good job grabbing this worker :goodjob:
Am I up? If so, I will play till IW tomorow... Plan is to expand, and build workers/chariots.

Cheers

edit:
@Dictator: I am nearly leaning toward razing both as they will be crap anyway... and the resources can be found in better spots. I am not sure I will have a window during my set though, we will see :)

yeah rrrwtf, you are up.. Imo we need to get at least one archer/axe into thebes for defense against spears, otherwise hatty looking like a nice worker farm.

Also see no reason to keep either town as well. Hell, Holy Town notwithstanding, I'd have said raze that other pos as well haha.

Cheers!
-Liq

Razing Memphis b/c Thebes is using the cows and there really isn't much there is that why? I was looking at the screen shot and forgot that Thebes was so close......

makes sense now to raze them both....

Hi :hatsoff:,

a short round untill IW (turn 145 -> 153):

t145: I set the slider to 0%, whip the library in Istanbul. I also whip an archer in Thebes as there is a spear incoming...
t146: Library done, slider at 100%. I do a partial archer in Istanbull to let the city grow to size 6 (workers are connecting the gold resource).
t150: Edirne finishes a chariot a start another one (those barbs are crazy! :help:). Istanbul is size 6, and starts on a settler to work one of the many gold available.

t152: I noticed last turn that Hatty has a settler with 2 archers going north east of Thebes. I moved the chariots so they could reach Thebes the turn after the dow:

t153: The chariots only find 2 archers in Memphis, but 4 of them still die... The two others burn the city:

IW is in and I stop as we can discuss tech path and next moves :).

We need more workers! I hadn't the possibility to build new ones, but they are plenty of tiles in need of worker turns:
The barbs destroyed the corn in istanbul. An iron resource needs to be connected in this city as well. We could also put another riverside grassland cottage there. Heliopolis finally can have its rice farm, and Thebes got its sugar farms destroyed by the damn spear... and the cow is still unimproved :cry: ...

I think we could go masonry -> math -> construction (->HBR after that :p) to open up hammam, coliseum, and cats (and elephants). It brings needed happiness and the tools to kill Nappy... Hatty should be finished with some swords. She is resourceless (if we make sure she doesn't connect its iron ;)), so don't build chariots anymore, they aren't efficent... swords for Hatty, axes for barbs :goodjob:
Other choices include monarchy, COL (we are organized after all). Alphabet is moot imo as we have only Nappy to trade with... we could build research to reach COL, but I don't think our research will tank that much... just need few more workers and cottages/scientists :)

edit: Oracle bifl in turn 152, and still 7 turns of unhappiness due to slavery in Thebes (so don't whip it before that :please:)
edit2: as Hatty will soon only live in our memories, we should redirect all our EPs on Nappy...

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Attachments

• Boff-06 BC-0305.CivBeyondSwordSave
    139.4 KB · Views: 56
Nice ugly turns haha.

Iron is indeed inside Istanbul's BFC (the plains tile 2x south) which is about as shielded from barbs as we are going to get without settling the farging thing. Aren;t se glad we settled on top of the effing Ponys?=p

Another irion is next to elephantine so need to make sure hatty doesn;t have a chance to hook that up.

Anyway, looks like nappy is having a super hard time in the south :D Construction looks like win as we have the phants for the hammer.

Cheers!
-Liq

Top Bottom