Bombard anywhere!!!

MusicLaunch

Emperor of Arabia
If you use a trebuchet, click "g" (for go), click "b" (bombard) and u can bombard anywhere...

not sure if u can use this with cannons, artelliry (etc)

almost 200 views and no reply?
(btw: it works for everything (cannons, artellry,etc) , but sometimes, it doesnt work at all)

What do you want people to say?

Okay, 'It sucks'! Fix this now!

Can anyone verify if this bug still exists in 1.22? I've tried to reproduce it in several versions of the game, but have failed miserably every time, and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm not doing it right (three thumbs on both hands :rolleyes: )
Any help would be appreciated. :)

I just played a game with the Koreans...I didn't get the bombard icon when I moved outside the box, so I don't think you can. Of course I didn't actually click outside my range so who knows.

Using a game started with the 1.22 patch, I had various artillery (Catapult, Cannon, etc) bombard tiles outside of their bombard ranges, so it is still in. I was able to see noticeable effect on terrain improvements (craters, or artillery failed messages). Against AI cities, I didn't see any messages, but it did give me the targeting option.

As Dell19 says, this is at least a bug that can be avoided, as only a human player could possibly use it (you can bet the computer can't).

This also happens with a bomber if you have several in a stack, and bombard before the current one is finished. (Maybe he refuels with the other bomber for a longer flight! :yeah:).

I've found that happens to me at times to. It sounds better then it is- I've never had a successful hit with it. They have all had been failed attempts. Becuase of that, I have stopped even attempting to use this exploit.

I tested this out and found that you only have a chance of successfully bombarding tiles on which the "go to" command is avaialable. That means if you try to bombard and enemy city or unit ("go to" command doesn't allow your trebuchet to move to that box because of the enemy unit in it), your bombardment will fail.

It can successfully destroy improvements though, provided no enemy units are in the square.

As a sidenote.. this works with tactical nukes too (in c3c 1.22).. and those can hit units and cities (anywhere on map) with this method..

Top Bottom