Bombardment?

macross

Chieftain
With the new patch, can you kill units with bombardment now? It's pointless to have an arsenal, that can only injure units and not kill them. The last time I'd check, tanks and ships can be destroy by a bombardment. Is anyone else piss with this.

Its not going to happen.

Bombardment is designed for weakening opposing units.

And there are a lot of us that aren't pissed about it either.

Actually, I think a compromise between the two would be nice.

For example, it would be great to be able to sink ships (and perhaps even submarines) with airplanes, but not be able to kill units fortified in a city (only damage them). The same goes for units fortified in forts and such.

Just an idea...

In Pearl HArbour American ships were sunk Jap airplanes... one day some one will need to have this as a scenario ....alas bombardment wont be able to kill units.:(

I believe as it is now bombardment can sink ships (thats to say even before the patch). It depends on the bombardment strenght. With the original cruise missile fire power I can even sink a bloody ironclad with it:eek:

However, after I change the bombardment strenght of cruise missle to 20, I sink an ironclad with one single missile :D

In my current game which I uses a terrorist unit (Which is basically a cruise missile with hidden nationality;) ), I realise it is much much harder to sink a battleship. My terrorist has a bombardment strenght of 30 and it still can't sink a battleship (I think I will try a higher bomabrdment strenght just to test). However, there is no way you can kill a land unit with bombardment thats for sure as I think its hardcoded. With the terrorist unit I can drop any unit's hp to 1 bar but can never kill them (Oh well, the original intention of the terrorist unit was to destroy improvements etc anyway:D )

i'll contend that bombardment should destroy ships. However, I agree with the game in the sense that land units can't be destroyed by bombardment. Historically it makes sense. land units (especially infantry) are weakened but not wiped out by artillery fire and bombing attacks. WWI, Normandy and Vietnam come to mind...

I agree with Zim

Top Bottom