1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bomber won't fly

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by silverjim, Jan 30, 2014.

1. silverjim

silverjim Chieftain

I've built a couple of bombers, but I can't move (fly) them anywhere. I try to move them off of the city where they were built, and all I get is the red circle. I've plenty of oil, I've researched flight and radar.... I can't figure out how in the bloody hell to get them to fly.

2. Loucypher

Loucypher King

Bombers and fighters don't move on the map the way regular units do. They can only be stationed in cities or on Aircraft Carriers, or they can attack units/cities - after which they'll go back to their station. So you can either click the rebase button to get them where you want, or the attack button if there's a target within their flight range.

3. silverjim

silverjim Chieftain

Ah, use the attack button. I kept trying to do it with the mouse. Thanks much.

4. Scirocco16V

Scirocco16V Warlord

Also, changing the city aircraft are stationed at, there is a maximum range they can move. If you try to reposition them too far, it just won't let you. If you look carefully after you click the rebase button, cities they can be moved to will have an orange outline on their tile. As the tech level of aircraft increases, their rebasing and attack ranges increase.