Bonaparte II Tournament Game #5 PBEM

I didn't save the email either, but I mentioned it somewhere in there. Wait till next turn, I don't think the Independents have any paratroopers...

French forces invade the British isles.

*Dover captured
*Exter Captured
*Plymouth heavily bombed. High British casualties

*British task force off Tunis totally annihilated.

*Cologne captured

*In Italy Pescara and Naples captured.

Sweden continues it's desperate defense against Russia!

*Reval recaptured by Swedish forces.
*Trondheim captured.

Would Russia consider a cease fire? Swedens superior Navy will make it allmost impossible for Russia to win this war without weakening yourself greatly.

Russia is still fighting in the north with local forces (plus the Guard). The bulk of Russia's armies are still six month's march from the front. When they arrive, Finland will fall.

Sweden can prevent further bloodshed by ceding all of Finland to Russia, as per our original demands. Russia will then not only make peace, but act as a guarantor of Swedish freedom thereafter, if asked.

These demands are the minimum Russia will settle for. If we are forced to take the province foot by bloody foot, we will not stop until we are in Stockholm.

All French troops on Brittish soil has been repelled, all French ships in the chanell have been promptly sunk...

The new Austrian Emperor fits the crown jewels upon his noggin' and finds it uncomfortably small. First a public anouncement is issued... The Austrian campaign within the Italian peninsula is over requesting the French stand down her guns outside the fortress of Verona. Austria desires this fortress only be used as a defensive buffer and vows that it will not shield units of an offensive nature should the French do likewise outside it's walls.

Austria is open for any discussion involving continental affairs

*Dover has again be assaulted by French forces. Although our superior marines failed to take the city we caused heavy casualties and damage to the British navy without any divisional losses to us.

*Plymouth has also been bombed and some damage has been caused to the British Navy stationed there.

*Brunswick and Hamburg have been captured.

*Ulm captured.

*Troops in Italy stationed at the Austro-French border have been moved back as a gesture of peace and goodwill.

*Prussian troops block France's entry into Munich. We demand that Prussians remove their cavalry from the vincinity.

Originally posted by voltar
Why the heck do we need reminders?

Mainly because that is what the group AGREED to.

The reason the group AGREED to it is that no one gets email notifications from CIVFAN anymore and with 8 games it is tedious to keep track of where your turn is in 8 games on a constant basis.

And the reason I have been pushing it is: As I continue to bump along I have discovered that most of the delays are because players don't even know it is there turn.

Now I dont know about you but I would like to finish this tourney SOMETIME this century. So if we dont do reminders, Im afraid that wont happen. The longer we go the more chance of drop outs, etc.

So please take about a minute, look at your spreadsheet after playing a turn, find out who is next, go to the Tourny Thread, first page, look up the email and send it. It doesnt take more than a minute or two and could save us literrally weeks of delay by the end of the tourney.

THANKS!:crazyeye:

I don't recall agreeing to send out e-mails, I also do get reminders from civfanatics. But I will try to send out the reminders.

Top Bottom