Bonaparte II Tournament Home Page

Here's mine: nick_dowling@hotmail.com

I also have MSN messenger [which just uses that email adress] and AIM, where my screen name is NickDowling10

Email: henrik.lohmander@telia.com
AIM: TrinTragulahel

About the difficultry level:
When I joined the pbem world it was generaly considered that Prince was the only level where the AI (absent players) and the human player where on par (suposedly there IS combat bonuses for the AI otherwise) however recently other people have been stating otherwise (namely that king is the one where the AI and Human aren't given any bonuses).

One thing to note about the easier difficulty levels is that the AI will be more friendly which is nice when trying to sign treaties with other players AIs...

My suggestion is that we go with Prince.

I have just been informed Alcibiaties is away for 15 days on holiday. Lucky bloke!

This is what the umpires are for. The umpire for each game should pretend to be Alcibiaties. They should play as passively as possible, and if not at war with anyone, carry out no attacks at all.

They should enter into no diplomacy on Alcibiaties' behalf.

At this stage of the game, it should be easy enough, even without instructions from Alcibiaties.

I shall play the Spanish move in Game #1, if that game moves up to the Spanish turn before Alcibiaties gets back.

As the umpire of Bonaparte Game 4 (where it's Chris/Alcibiaties turn) I need to know wether attacks on barbarian cities are ok or not?

Henrik,

I think it's safest if you DON'T attack. Only attack where independents are threatening Chris's resources or troops, where it is clear he WOULD attack.

On move 1 there shouldn't be much to do anyway. When Chris is back, we will get the ground rules for this discussed properly.

Thanks for pointing out that my turn order has got the Spanish and Swedish the wrong way around. I have edited all the threads to show the correct order. Please everyone change your spreadsheets to reflect this, and note who you now play after may have changed.

Thanks for the mail info Waku.

John

The notes section in that file is excelent btw, I would never be able to keep track all the alliances, and such witout it ;o

Did anyone miss their turn as a result of the incorrect order of play?

Oh, can i ask one thing ofall of you. Can yall try and keep all of your games moving so we don't have threads floating around the forum, just sitting there....
Thanks

Easier said then done. I practically always play my turn within 12 hrs. But many people are busy and disappear for a day or two. With 7 people, I have a feeling it's gonna to be quite difficult.

Yeah. Games 2, 7, 8 and 4 are moving OK. The others are being delayed by absentees. We are trying to get the umpires to take over, but it isn't easy.

Also, there is much diplomacy going on. After a few turns things should settle down into a routine.

Please bear with us!

John

Just to give everyone a bit of warning, I'm going up to Sydney this weekend and won't be able to play any of my turns between Friday and Monday.

Top Bottom