1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Bonaparte II Tournament Home Page

Discussion in 'Civ2 - PBEM Games' started by Patient English, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Case

Case The horror, the horror

I'm back from sunny (and warm) Sydney.

2. Alcibiaties of Athenae

Alcibiaties of Athenae Imperator

And I have returned as well.

OK, first, I can be reached at aoa@civfanatics.net

Or you can AIM me, yankee62chris.

Now I need to be brought up to speed on exactly what is going on, first, I use very basic programs, for example, I cannot open the attachement Case posted, so avoid things like word and powerpoint and such, if you make such things, just stick it on word pad!

I need to know turn order and such, I have had talks with several players already concerning strategy, and made several agreements.

3. Patient English

Patient English Designer

AoA,

Welcome back. Hope you had a good time....

The turn order for each game is posted as the first post on each Thread.

If you can't read the excel speadsheet I did (and that Case modified), there is no real text equivalent. I have exported it as a web page, which looks like this:

4. Alcibiaties of Athenae

That I could read, thanks.

I think now I can discuss those proposals you had the bad form to send me while I was at sea! :p

5. Case

I've been suffering email problems for the last week with the result that many emails have either been lost in cyberspace or have been delivered several days after they were sent.

This problem *seems* to be fixed now, so if you've sent me a message which I havn't responded to can you please resend it?

AoA: Can you respond to the PMs I sent you?

6. Patient English

Patient English Designer

Case,

I'm sure you have responded to all the mails I have sent. No more action required from you as far as I am concerned.

BTW, I don't think we need to meet online for Stralsund for a bit...

7. Case

OK - there's no hurry.

8. sas

sas Wannabe Historian

Is there any rule about what you should and should not write in the report from your round?

Some players dont post anything, and some (like myself) post everything worth mentioning. It's fustrating to guess what my opponents have done in theire round...:mad:

EDIT: In my opinion, failure to report relevant information is borderline cheating. Especially in a tournament.

sas

9. Henrik

Henrik Chieftain

I sometimes write long posts, and sometimes I don't.
    When nothing happened during your turn apart from the translocation of a few units there really isn't a lot to write about (unless there is some diplomacy going on that isn't too secret to post about).

10. sas

sas Wannabe Historian

If nothing worth mentioning is done in your round, you should say to in your post. In that way you at least tell people that you didnt do anything of importanse.

11. Patient English

Patient English Designer

Sas has a point.

No-one need write stuff just to fill up the page, or about secret diplomacy, but any combats, cities taken, independent moves observed, or trade routes established, should be reported.

Also any events triggered, as not everyone will see these, but may well be affected by them.

In the past, everyone I have played with has done this, but recently some posts have become rather short or cryptic. I don't want to make this a formal rule, and I wouldn't call it cheating, but I think it is only good manners.

And I'm sure you are all good mannered people, aren't you?

;)

12. Henrik

Henrik Chieftain

I've posted about thesse things in the past and I'll continue to do so, if I didn't mention taking any cities in my post you can be assured I didn't Sas ;)

13. Alcibiaties of Athenae

Some bad news, my home PC is down, and I'm forced to use my lap top to post, I cannot play a single turn till sunday at the very earlest.

Sorry guys. :(

14. Patient English

Patient English Designer

OK, Chris. As we've already had the umpires sub for you recently, we won't do so again this time.

We shall have to be patient (never my strongpoint, despite my nick!)

15. Patient English

Patient English Designer

Almost all the games are frozen now, waiting for AoA. However, Game #2 should still be OK as he is umpire in that one.

It is the turn of the evil Russian hegemon to move now....;)

16. Case

Is anyone other then AoA missing? Things have gotten rather slow...

17. Waku

Waku Chieftain

I'll try to be more "explanatory" from now on

18. Patient English

Patient English Designer

Thanks, Waku...

:goodjob:

I think it's AoA to move in about every single game now (apart from #2). It is Winterfritz to move in that one. Oh, and #8, which I should be playing. I'll do that now - and then it's AoA.

If he (AoA) still has problems at the start of next week, I'll get his agreement to press on with umpires. I am reluctant to do this, because we have just done it to him, and he's hardly made any of his own moves yet!

However, it may need to be done, because any delay over a week really requires a sub or the umpire to step in. For example, I am away from 16th September to 2nd October, and I will certainly arrange subs for that period. If I fail, the umpires will play for me, on the usual basis of no fighting, no diplomacy. If I am in any wars, the other party should refrain from attacks on me and vice versa.

Of course, with a full sub, the game is played as usual.

19. Patient English

Patient English Designer

I'm glad to announce AoA has fixed his PC and is playing all his moves right now.

Things should start to move again quite nicely.

Please be nice to him and send him your diplomacy again, in each game. A lot of his old info was lost....

John

20. Winterfritz

Winterfritz Chieftain

Quiet, limey :mwaha: