1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Bonus Favor from Alliances [RESOLVED]

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by SocialMechanic, Feb 9, 2020.

1. SocialMechanic

SocialMechanic Chieftain

I'm trying to make a Policy card that gives additional Favor for every alliance the player has. I cannot seem to find an appropriate Effect and/or Requirement to make this work. And idea?

2. tkbean

tkbean Chieftain

I gave the exact same idea a shot but had no luck. I think this is mainly because Favor per alliance is a global parameter and global parameters are difficult to amend.

I suspect that it is difficult to modify alliances themselves too as the Cree ability providing shared visibility does not have requirement sets with regards to alliances. The Hungarian Huzsar combat bonus per alliance is a similar story.

What I have managed to do is attach abilities per trade route sent to an ally. I was able to do this as many alliances and policies had bonuses for trade routes to allies so there was a requirement sets for the need to have a trade route with an ally.

For example, I have created an ability where the sending civilization with the ability receives +3% Science and +3% Culture for each trade route sent to an ally.

It might be possible to combine the requirement of a trade route to ally with one of the modifiers providing Favor (The one linked to Future Era policy Diplomatic Capital). I gave it a shot but I think I had a comma wrong or something so it did not work out. This may yield more Favor than you want though.

3. SocialMechanic

SocialMechanic Chieftain

Damn, I see. It doesn't seem like the trade route to ally requirements have any arguments. Nevertheless, that has the potential to give far more Favor than I would have hoped for.
    Thank you for the help!!!

tkbean likes this.