Bonus Grassland Markers: Wildflowers

Blue Monkey

Archon Without Portfolio

Back in 2002 Babble-on showed a WIP of "California Terrain" Grassland featuring wildflowers. A finished set was never posted. I’ve long ruminated on such a set for a LM Grassland. I finally decided it would work better as a Bonus Grassland marker (tnt.pcx). So I took inspiration and did some recoloring & CnP of the flowers in Casus Belli’s Resource Compilation.

The preview shows them with my personal terrain mash-up: elements from sets by Rhye, Ares de Borg, Balthasar, & whoever made the handsome marsh used in TAM. Feel free to wreak whatever changes needed on the flowers if you use a different terrain set. I just ask that you post the new version in this thread.

Download Here

That´s a very nice idea, Blue Monkey. :thumbsup:

I appreciate the compliments from everyone. :blush:

And some replies to just a few of the comments:
...but compared with the trees they`re too big.
Yes, they're meant to be markers. Think of the size as being similar to the way the resource icons are large.
Plus it complements your new avatar well.
I often use my advertar to hint about my project du jour, as well as my mood.
A great creation doesn't have to be big and complicated, as long as it's really, really useful. This one, Blue, is really, really useful, and perfectly minimalist.
There are many here who are very talented at doing things from scratch. But CnP, coupled with a good eye & attention to detail, can contribute just as much. And often, less is more.

PS to Balthasar: I hope to soon post a little side project that puts your forests to good use.

Very nice Blue Monkey, they add a beautiful touch (avatar's great too!).

There are apparently two files included one of which does not appear to have any extension whatsoever... Huayna Capac357, you've tried the .pcx file?

It extracted fine for me ... cutting?

:confused: Cut and paste what? The file isn't previewed and comes complete as is so all you have to do is overwrite the tnt.pcx (if there's already one there) in the terrain folder.

Top Bottom