bonus/improvement XML question

kevinman4404

Lightning Warrior
OK, so I have added a new improvement, orchard, and I use it similarily to The Sword of Islam (for citrus fruit, dates, fruit, olives, etc.). I have added the bonuses to the improvement in CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml, yet in my mod/game, when I hover over it, it doesn't say "requires: orchard" or "+1food with orchard." It works properly in The Sword of Islam, yet I can't find for the life of me what I am missing. Similarily, some resources are supposed to be able to use more than one improvement (ie bison: pasture or camp), yet when you hover over it it only displays one.

Any help is appreciated
thanks
Kevin

I don't think the interface is there designed to show more than one improvement :dunno:. Else you'd also always see the fort mentioned.

Not sure why it would have an impact here, but did you modify the Units\BuildInfos and UnitInfos.xml?

I don't think the interface is there designed to show more than one improvement . Else you'd also always see the fort mentioned.

Hm, I don't think that is quite right, as the improvements I am talking about have resources tied to them. Forts, for example, do not. If bison is only tied to pasture and camp, it should only display those. I think this will be solved by a fix to my main problem

Not sure why it would have an impact here, but did you modify the Units\BuildInfos and UnitInfos.xml?

Nope

Is there somewhere else I have to declare a new improvement?

iirc you have to have a definition in Units\CIV4BuildInfos.XML to complete the improvement definition. You also then need a unit that can build it in game.

Thanks so much! That fixed the problem.

Now for my second question: why can oil be improved by a well or offshore platform, yet bison can't be improved by either camp or pasture? Is there a trick to getting a bonus to recognize two different improvements?

OK, that is good news. So, it probably wouldn't be displayed, unless changes to the interface are made in the DLL, right? I'm probably best off just advertising that the bison can be improved by either improvement

Top Bottom