1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Boost of civilizations!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by VinhoVerde, Sep 26, 2020.

1. VinhoVerde

VinhoVerde Chieftain

Now new strong civilizations are being added and it is interesting to find out from true fans of the game series which civilizations need to be improved and strengthened in the current realities

2. VinhoVerde

VinhoVerde Chieftain

possibly Georgia Mapuche or Egypt?

3. cain3456

cain3456 King

Spain always seems weak in my games. Georgia's buff is irrelevant as I will NEVER play dynamic ages

4. ZarduStar

ZarduStar Chieftain

I don't understand why Firaxis thought it would be a good idea to buff only 1 out of 50 civilizations in an optional game mode that's also one of the weakest civilizations in general. Is it so troublesome to buff Georgia in the regular game as well?

5. 7daysofwar

7daysofwar Chieftain

I actually think they did it because Georgias abilty "Strength in unity" basicly become usless in dramatic ages because there are no age dedications. Basicly they replaced "you can get extra era score during golden and heroic ages" to "You get an extra wildcard slot during golden ages".

Banazir864 and 8housesofelixir like this.
  6. ZarduStar

ZarduStar Chieftain

Makes sense but since we're talking about buffs, why not just add the extra wildcard slot and/or the ability to use dark age cards during a golden age? I actually like those more than the dedication bonus anyway.

7. Oberinspektor Derrick

Oberinspektor Derrick Warlord

Too many civs that need buffs in my opinion, so I'm not gonna bother listing them all.
    I'll just start with a random one:

Inca.
    They are an ok civ, but fundamentally I feel like they tried to cram their civ 5 strengths into civ 6, where they don't fit.
    Granted, Incas can get some ridiculous food combined with production from the terrace farms and mountains, but this isn't civ 5 - you can't make good use of all that food and production since you don't inherently need a high population to begin with in this game.
    In civ 5? Absolutely, your science for instance scaled off the population base numbers, as did your happiness if you went for Tradition - but this isn't civ 5.
    It gets worse too, because those mountains are good locations for plopping down campuses and holy sites, but this is at odds with their only real strength - high mountain adjacencies to their terrace farms.
    Their UU is pretty trash as well.
    Its ok on its own stat wise, but why would you ever want to heavily invest into the scout class to begin with, even if you do get a temporary (and weak) power spike? They turn back into trash again if/when you upgrade them, so it's not really worth investing into their UU.

Otherwise, the Incas have no bonuses toward any win condition, and that's pretty crap.
    Heck, people talk about Georgia and Spain being crap, but at least they have some (if underwhelming) bonuses toward a win condition over a vanilla civ.
    Incas just don't, and its sad to see their civilization being this bland and without any clear direction.

8housesofelixir likes this.