Bootcamp Civ6

I got everything all set up to try the bootcamp route but when I try to open Civ I got a "no compatible graphic device" error even though the game runs fine on my OSX side. I tried googling for it and I couldn't find a good solution. Has anyone dealt with this?

Have you updated your graphics drivers, DirectX 11, and all the other update files? I had to do that (took 14-hours) to get the game to run on the Windoze side.

When the game came out for the Mac side, I had to upgrade to Mac Sierra.

Have you updated your graphics drivers, DirectX 11, and all the other update files? I had to do that (took 14-hours) to get the game to run on the Windoze side.

When the game came out for the Mac side, I had to upgrade to Mac Sierra.

When I tried to run it in Parallels/Windows 10 it gave me that error, because Parallels doesn't support DX11. So Kevin's suggestion makes sense.

I am running in MacOS El Capitan OK. What did you have to upgrade from on the Mac side?

I am running it too on El Capitan without any problem. Hello AlanH :) Good to see you again !

I am running in MacOS El Capitan OK. What did you have to upgrade from on the Mac side?

Steam said I needed to upgrade to Sierra for it to run. I upgraded, and it works fine.

However, now that I installed the just released Sierra update file, the game locked up when I tried to exit it, and I had to do a Forced exit.

Steam said I needed to upgrade to Sierra for it to run. I upgraded, and it works fine.

However, now that I installed the just released Sierra update file, the game locked up when I tried to exit it, and I had to do a Forced exit.
From El Capitan?

This happens to me also, but so far I can't figure out what's causing it. It seems like it's about a 50/50 proposition. Running Sierra also and on the force quit screen it does not show "not responding". I've left it open for 5 or 10 minutes thinking it had some cleaning up to do but ended up force quitting the app. I probably need to join Aspyr's website and report it.

Top Bottom