Booting to desktop after a few minutes' play

Crowqueen

Token forum woman
Hi - I just got the game and am having difficulty playing it beyond a couple of turns or so. I load it up and before long it just crashes with no error screens or other issues - it just folds to the desktop and the game ends.

I'm afraid I'm not sure of my specs but the game works OK when it is running, it just collapses with no problems or warnings or error messages.

Civ4 normal and I'm not sure about the patch version. I've tried things on the CTD thread but it varies - sometimes it runs for about an hour or more, sometimes it is only a few minutes in before it crashes.

Civ Version: 100
Save Version: 100
Build Version: 0.21.01674 (40601)
Build: Final Release
Mod Name: None

I turned the graphics down low as it suggested in the Readme. I suspect I am on the minimum spec - would a custom install help at all?

if you are unsure about your specs run dxdiag then save the results and post them here as an attachment.
You are running the unpatched version you might want to download and install the 1.61 patch and after that the 1.74 patch. Both can be found under patches and updates on the main page of this site.

Thank you very much - I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom