Border Proposals

Which border proposal best benefits Fanatika?

• Small Provinces by Stuck_As_a_Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capitol Access by disorganizer

• Strictly Geographic by FortyJ

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Capitol Province by FortyJ

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Nordic Gem Mountains by Chieftess

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Abstain

• Total voters

FortyJ

Deity
We must determine the shape of our provincial boundaries!

The following border proposals have been offered in recent weeks and are submitted here for your consideration. Please review these maps if you are unfamiliar with them and select the one you feel best benefits all of Fanatika.

Small Provinces by Stuck_As_a_Mac
Original Post
One of the first maps, with provinces extending south into Aztec lands.

Capitol Access by disorganizer
Original Post
Geographically based borders providing almost-equal access to the corruption benefits of the capitol city.

Strictly Geographic by FortyJ
Original Post
Another geographically based proposal resulting in somewhat larger provinces.

Capitol Province by FortyJ
Original Post
This map provides a city-state type province for Bavaria with three neighboring, geographically based provinces.

Nordic Gem Mountains by Chieftess
Original Post
This map combines geographical boundaries with cultural and political borders.

Choose wisely. The decisions we make affect the destinies of generations of Fanatikans to come...

EDIT: Added links to original posts.

i took capitol province by forty. as it will equal corruption in 4 provinces. i would otherwise tend to his second proposal.

i was also tending to ct's proposal, but i thought it would be unfair to only have 1 uncorrupted province.

FortyJ, are you in the Domestic Department? I would accept this, but I doubt know if it is allowed.

I'm really undecided right between Chieftess and FortyJ's right now.
@Shaitan- I'm just checking. I don't want people to vote on a proposal and then have someone come in and say it's not valid.

It is a valid poll.

The source conversations are referenced, at least indirectly, and those conversations have gone on the required periods of time.

I think it is a very good thing for citizens to step forward and push an issue that need deciding, and soon.

Bill
Chief Justice

Thanks Bill.

All I'm trying to do is speed this process along. It's been going on for what seems like an eternity. We need to resolve this so that we can focus on more important matters (like the Aztecs, expansion, etc...)

I also was torn between CT's idea and the capital province approach.

I went with the latter, as the uniqueness of the idea is appealing, and I would like to see how it works out. Excellent work by everyone who contributed to the discussion.

Stuck - yeah, we were debating about doing a multiopp poll, but decided to bite the bullet and force the issue.

@Zarn: I work for the cartographic office, which is an office of the domestic department. And the cartographic office started the thread, and i asked for someone to put up a poll finally before we continue that endless discussion :p
So yes, this poll is, even if only indirectly, sponsored by the domestic department. Even if that is not needed :p

Also, if anyone cares, the problems I have with both of FortyJ's map and CT's are that all of them name the provinces. None of them should have names; rather, all, other than Bohemia, need to be labelled #2, #3, etc.

The first governors of each province retain the right to name them, rather than the cartographers. If you want to name a province, become governor!

Those are just temporary names, so we know what we're talking about when we say "The gem province" rather than "CT's Province 4". It makes memorizing the provinces a bit easier. (and discussing them too)

Exactly. Noone is trying to usurp any naming rights. The names are unofficial and are solely intended to facilitate discussions.

So now be realistic.... The maps are here to decide borders, not the names.
If we continue to discuss this one to death (we already delayed it for a whole term!!!) we will never have provinces defined.
I say we go with the province borders decided on in this poll. It is official, and it is definitely defined right and BINDING!
Of course, the names are only examples, as they have to be defined by the 1st governor.

I think this is a great poll! This issue does have to be nailed down. I voted for the strictly geographical proposal. I do like Chieftess's Nordic lands and Gem Mountains. the latter can become a reality later on I hope. :king:

Top Bottom