1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bored? Frustrated? Try a lower difficulty...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Jellly, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Jellly

Jellly Chieftain

Hey there! I just have a suggestion for people who are bored and/or frustrated with this game. I used to only play on Diety/Immortal to try have a 'challenge'. Anyway, I decided I'd get the achievement for beating it in Warlord. I just finished the game and it was probably the most fun I've had in ages! Wasn't much of a challenge, but it was fun dominating everyone and I still felt a sense of accomplishment when I had constructed my technologically, culturally, econmically superior empire. :D

So, try out a lower difficulty setting if you're feeling bored and/or frustrated. Maybe you'll have the most fun game you've played ever. :)

2. Aldor

Aldor King

I play warlord level most of the time, just because its relaxing and fun. Don't notice much of the much talked about AI silliness or aggression on this level, money and happiness can be managed without much trouble etc.

Of course, everyone should play the game as they like, but I agree with you, if people find the game annoying/frustrating, it's perhaps a good idea to try a lower level.

3. Rohili

Rohili King

But it gets boring after a while building a powerful empire. As I've argued elsewhere, Civ V is not really a builder's game. There is nothing much to build, nothing much to do during peacetime. You can easily amass tens of thousands of gold and just buy every building on the list. There is no sense of accomplishment to constructing a superior civilization at all.

I find that the only thing that is fun with Civ V is aiming for world domination. My modus operandi in virtually every game is to wage war and gobble up every other civilization until 90% of the land is within my territorial boundaries.

Also, you don't really need to drop all the way to Warlord to play a relaxing game. If you can beat Immortal/Deity, then King/Emperor should be a piece of cake, while still not being a totally cheesewalk.

4. MadRat

MadRat Cheese Raider

Yup at LOWER difficulty levels the AI doesn't really start wars with you much thus if you play as builder all you'll be doing is spamming next turn.

Levels don't really mean anything other than bigger cheats and more psychotic DoWs.

Rat

5. Guardian_PL

Guardian_PL Emperor

Yeah great, I can't find challenge on Deity, and you're suggesting playing Warlord. :rolleyes:

Thanks, but no thanks. I've stopped playing Civ5 for a while now, and thanks to Vindictus I can finally have some fun and forget about the urge to reanimate that rotten carcass of a game tha Civ5 is. It's basically Diablo on steroids (so completely different stuff than civ games) but very entertaining and joy to play solo.

I've lost all hope that Civ5 will ever be a game on a scale similar to its predecessors. At least I can play Vindictus for free and go to bed knowing that there are quality games out there after all.

6. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Deity

I got bored and frustrated because it was too easy. For me, the best way to be not bored and frustrated is for the game/AI to be challenging. Emperor was too easy but I am hoping that after the patch, Immortal/Diety will be harder to beat.