1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Boring game..

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Ricorico94, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Ricorico94

Ricorico94 Chieftain

I've been playing Civ games for virtually 20 years, and I consider this game as very boring.. At the beginning of the game, there's fun, ok. But after a while, you get stuck in your empire: for me, the fun is in expanding your empire, transfroming the environment to allow more food, more production, more trade, etc. But here, if your town is in desert area, no chance to really improve food: you can't build very modern farms as it is in real life by irrigating from far river.. If you have a coastal town, you can do nothing with all sea tiles.. except if you're lucky enough to have a couple of these fishes resources: is that reality ? again, not all. You could imagine to be build a leisure camp on coastal tiles, or fish farms, as it's done in real life but not here. You could imagine adding some more land as Monaco or Gulf countries do, but here's it's impossible..
    Not even dreaming about building some sea cities as it used to be the case in old Civs..

So, in this game, once you achieve farms, you don't have much to do about your empire. You're stuck. You can improve some of the buildings, but nothing more. Not exciting at all.. and boring.

Any one else sharing my view ?

Ricorico94

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

So play something else. :)

3. Ricorico94

Ricorico94 Chieftain

So blaming the poor features of the game is not allowed here ? I suggest how it could be improved to provide fun (at least for me) and the only comment "if you're not happy, play somehting else" ? I thught I was in "ideas and suggestions" topic..

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Sir, you are complaining that after 20 years you find a game boring. Seems a constructive suggestion then to try something else.

5. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

Blaming, imagining, dwelling. It's all good.

Seriously though, when I'm doing something I find boring, I tend to ask "am I at work", if the answer is no, then I do something else.

6. Ricorico94

Ricorico94 Chieftain

You missed my point. I've always loved Civ games.. but this new release is disappointing me as it lacks many features which could maintain the fun from antique ages to modern ages.

7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

As I said in another post. If I am going to invest 10-20 hours of my time in a game I will restart the game if I get lots of desert.
    If I get a small amount of desert I am cool with that as I can build districts on it.

I have only finished one game and tend to play to where I think, yeah I will win now / loose now and cannot be bothered with click next, click next.
    I am not sure what it is, there is a lot of colour in the late game but also a lot of repetition and spies and trade routes continually being refreshed is zzzz.
    Why can I not change a trade route when I want to?

Diety is just stupid for modifiers against you that pretty much guarantee you have to spend the first 100 turns fighting. Its a bit of a cop out and for example last night the Japanese walked up to me on turn 3 and said I hate you and had about 4 barbs, bang, bye bye game, NO chance or doing anything. I mean I sent a delegation to him but that level of agression is just wrong and is causing a lot of fierce flame on this forum.

I just ignore, emperor is a good enjoyable level for me but with a fair starting position I have won before I start. The AI does not expand much beyond 4 cities until quite late and does not fight well or build well so to e fair the only thing left is enjoying the start, the setup the explore, the initial challenges.

I do not think that bit is boring at all, the maps are varies as are the civs and map sizes. The strategies for win are a little ho hum so I did play one game to max turns and make my strategy to stop anyone else from winning.

My civ is never the same, and I play mainly England. Not one of the best or worst.
    There is a lot wrong but that's not new if you have played for 20 years you should appreciate that.
    I played a game of Civ5 the other night and lasted about 20 turns before I realised how bored of that I was in comparison.

If bored, walk away and come back another day when everything else is of less interesting than revisiting Civ 6 and you may be surprised.