born losers

babybluepants

Deity
GOTM Staff
Courtesy of Dhoomstriker:

Events off, Huts off, other settings are the defaults.

Attachments

• Pericles Deity2 BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    26.2 KB · Views: 84
As I said I would like to shuffle the roster or so to mix things up a bit and since I'm off the next 4 days.

Are you going to joing now, Rusten? Ras mentionned something in that direction.

As I said I would like to shuffle the roster or so to mix things up a bit and since I'm off the next 4 days.
Feel free to post any roster you like. It was just a quick placeholder, so we don't get other sign-ups. I'm off for 6 days myself.

Edit: yes, we'll move the scout before settling. :p 1E first, I think.

Are you going to joing now, Rusten? Ras mentionned something in that direction.
If I'm invited, then sure. ;)

Been a while since I played a SG.

Yes to scout 1NE

I think we might have found our gp farm

Yep, let's move the scout, although I seriously doubt it will change our settle. Who's up?

I volunteer to start. Not much going on for me this weekend, so it would be good timing.

*wait for official word*

Settling 3E looks like an easy decision.

It gives a clear advantage early on but removes long term benefits of riverside capital and good gpfarm (well we can still settle it and share the food but then the capital will be really junk unless there is another food bonus in the east).

I am ok with it though if we all agree that early bonus is best.
I am all for being put in the end of the roster since I played 2nd in all those attempts (someone might wanna try :)) and I am slightly busy this we.

Deity is very much about the early game. If you have a good position in the BCs you will be OK.

SIP is very low in commerce and will struggle against things like early DoW. There is more food than we can use in the early game anyway.

I am adamant towards settling 3E.

We'll have lots of hills, lots of food, and most importantly an early source of good commerce.

Lurker: If you are looking at 3E, why not look at 1E, 1NE (i.e., 1NW from 3E) on the forest grass hill? It gives the hills bonus for early defence, 1 extra production in the city tile, what looks to be 2 extra plains hills plus two extra riverside tiles. You lose 1 turn.

It doesn't give bonus hammers as it's a grassland hill.
It loses a turn (already mentioned).
It doesn't allow for a city to be placed where we're starting later (could be a GP farm).
Plains hills are bad. What you want are grassland hills.

The biggest drawback for me is #3

While unlikely there could be a resource on the hills to the north, so moving 2E and then scout 2N before deciding makes sense.

Lurker's comment
3E is great. Not only you get gold for all early commerce needs, but you get to skip researching AH for a while longer and don't get distracted by making workboats anytime soon. It looks like you might hit a few coast/desert tiles but they likely won't affect the game outcome. I mean, you don't plan on relying on the 18th, 19th and 20th citizen to win the game, right? :p

Will settle 3E and tech agriculture-mining unless there are objections in the next few hours.

Not many turns that, but better to pause once we've seen some of the map.

Top Bottom