1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by SailorLazarus, Feb 28, 2006.

1. SailorLazarus

SailorLazarus Dumbledore's man

This is a new civilization built at the request of damir_k87. It has been tested on several computers and seems to have no bugs. If you have any problems running the mod please let me know. If you have any problems with the information in the mod, I didn't gather it, so contact damir_k87. If you are having problems with your Greytag/Masterflex machines, please call Qualex service and support at 1-800-4LAB911 (please have your store name and number ready when you call).

As always, unzip into mods folder, load from Civilization 4 advanced menu.

I removed the link to the external server. I tried to upload it to the forums direct server insted. Since it is so small.

Screenshot

Attached Files:

2. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

Nice mod, good work, though for more decerning downloads you might want to put up screenshots, but well done again.

3. SailorLazarus

Sorry, still getting used to posting mods on here. I put a screenshot up.

4. Broken Legion

Broken Legion Chieftain

Took me ages to get the hang of it too, hope you'll do others.

5. Wei-Yan

Wei-Yan Japanese and proud of it

hmm what are you going to work on next I have a request if youre interested.........

6. SailorLazarus

What the hey. I am currently hung up with a crashing problem in my Harry Potter modpack that I don't know how to fix. Email me the information for your desired civ and I will probably be willing to put something togather for ya.

7. smooth operator

smooth operator Chieftain

All the complements to the maker of this MOD. I am new on the fora. Great Job, I played a game as Bosnia yesterday without any problems, and it looks great. Thanks, I wish I could buy you a good pint.

8. damir_k87

damir_k87 Chieftain

He has done some excellent work in a short period of time. Well done again.

9. SailorLazarus

Goodness. Its a good thing you all can't see me through the internet. I haven't blushed this much since Madam Pomfrey told me she liked my new hat.:blush:

Thank you both for your kind words.

10. SinanZiric

SinanZiric Chieftain

11. damir_k87

damir_k87 Chieftain

e moj sinane.
    Please don't try to scholar us on what the flag of Bosnia and Herzegovina is. This is a Bosnian mod about today's Bosnia. But if you want you can easily create a mod with "ljiljani" and Izetbegovic as your leader.

12. [CRO]Nemesis

[CRO]Nemesis Chieftain

You should put Edo Maajka as a leader (or at least great artist), he's a great tsar :band:

13. Anima Croatorum

Anima Croatorum Prince

nah, his royal highness halid bešlić

14. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Guys, Bosnians are a faction in my Eastern European Battles mod. For those knowledgable, I request information on a Bosnian flag (or coat of arms) for the time period of roughly 1350-1650, as well as a city list from most important to least important. I found this image, but it's difficult for me to make sense of. If you know your share of Bosnian history and can help me out, then please PM me :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Bosna.jpg

15. damir_k87

damir_k87 Chieftain

For your mod shqype, you will probably need the "ljiljani" flag that sinan has talked about. (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Im...ki_ljiljan.png)

Although I am not 100% sure, I don't know of any other Bosnian flag, since this is the most popular and it represents the kings of Bosnia during the medieval ages. I am not sure about the city list that you need, just make sure you don't include cities from the Hercegovina region during that time because Bosnia and Herzegovina were two different countries at the time.

16. SinanZiric

SinanZiric Chieftain

http://www.internet.ba/hidex/zastave-bih.html

These are all flags of bosnia.

Flag of bosnia we have now , has not been choosen by people of bosnia.
    we were forced by US to use it. Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina is
    in political crisis atm , so choose any flag u want.

~Krajsnik

17. SinanZiric

SinanZiric Chieftain

@maker of Bosnia and Herzegovina mod.

1.We have president - Sulejman Tihic,Milorad Dodik
    2.We dont speak German., u can find croatian , or serb lang pack
    3.We have history , we are not young nation. so u can write something
    about bosnia in middle ages.
    4.Special Unit of BiH cant be Army of RBIH i mean WTF, its not special unit.
    need something else

18. Anima Croatorum

Anima Croatorum Prince

The Fleur-de-Lys, a.k.a. 'Ljiljan' is the most correct coat of arms for this era. It was granted to the rulers of Bosnia by their liege, the Anjou King of Hungary and commemorates their allegiance to house Anjou and the Catholic Church in late medieval period. Its the correct coat of arms for the period until 1463.

Between 1463. and 1482. the most apropriate coat of arms would be the Vukčić-Kosača coat of arms(The hand with the saber). The sign of the Herceg(Duke) of Hum(Herzegovina). After its fall the last remain of medieval Bosnian statehood vanished.

A few links detailing major developments in medieval bosnian history:

http://www.hercegbosna.org/engleski/mature.html
    http://www.hercegbosna.org/engleski/otto.html

19. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Thanks guys, unfortunately these don't give city lists for the time period, but at least I now have a suitable flag and a general sense of Bosnian history.

AnimaCroatorum, read your PM.

20. General_Putnik

General_Putnik Chieftain

There were never a Bosnian & Hercegovinian people - the current flag is the most appropriate as in earlier time periods there were serbs and croats.

bosnian moslems come along with turkish occupation. As such i would suggest not to use the earlier ones, as they grossly misrepresent Bosnia.

I would like to point out that even today there is no actual bosnian people.