1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by SailorLazarus, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Before the Bosnians became assimilated by the Slavs, they were Illyrians.

The Slavic Bosnians were Christians. They adopted Bogomilism, a sect of Christianity after a priest "Bogomil," but it was persecuted by Catholic and Orthodox Churches. Thus, the Bosnians adopted Islam in order to protect their identity, and became known as the only Muslim Slavs.

2. General_Putnik

General_Putnik Chieftain

You cannot call them Bosnians, because current demographics dont support this 99.9 percent of modern bosnian and hercegovina is populated by Serbians, Croats and Moslems that had nothing to do with the Bogomili.

If you look at the bogomili script its cyrilic in origin.

This is complete and utter BS. Islamification occured throught the Ottoman occupation and as such the majority of the landowning classes converted. The claim that all of them were bogomili is completly wrong.

3. Anima Croatorum

Anima Croatorum Prince

Church of Bosnia was not a Bogumil sect, but a completely separate heresy, and anyway, almost extinct by 1463.

And the pyramids testify that Bosniak are descended from Atlantean refugees that survived the nuclear war between Atlantis and Lemuria 12,000 years ago.

4. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

"Bosnians" were assimilated by Slavic people.

Not all of them were Bogomili, but it was a factor in their identity.

I call them "Bosnians" for lack of a better term. Think of it as short for "pre-Slavic inhabitants of the area now called Bosnia." Is that more PC for you?

:lol: Be serious Goran.

Anyone proficient in the language care to compile a city list from the map, please?

5. coachlentz

coachlentz Corruptor of Youth

did someone in this thread say there was a nuclear war 12000 years ago?

*does some cyphering*

so in like 10000 b.c?

is that what killed the dinosaurs? cause i thought it was smoking that killed them

6. General_Putnik

General_Putnik Chieftain

should we really call them Bosnians then.

there's nothing PC about it, its inaccurate. Dont call em bosnians, call em ...Illyrians or whatever they were, the Bosnian civ in this one is the 20th centrury onee created, the moslem Bosnian ethnicity if anything (i would like to see that pointed our rather then the multiculural BS that is PC these days)

7. General_Putnik

General_Putnik Chieftain

use a post avnoj map

8. Anima Croatorum

Anima Croatorum Prince

I see you had not done your pre-historic research well. Try reading up on Martin Mystere

As for 'Bosnian' it is a regional term. One of the three ethnicities in Bosnia is Bosniak, not the same word or meaning. And before Bosnia existed there could be no Bosnians.

And lets not go into the ethnogenesae of the Balkanese people. It could turn out into a big scene like the one where Charlton Heston, a hot chick that doesnt speak and a couple of ueber-evolved apes find a human talking doll. And we all know how that ended. Dont dig where you're not supposed to.

But the dig at Visoko does seem promising.

I agree, use the post-avnoj map, the one on wikipedia. Maybe push Visoko(medieval era) to be the first city, maybe Travnik(Ottoman era), or leave Sarajevo(post-Ottoman era)

9. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Thanks again Anima_Croatorum.
    Agreed. I just used that name for lack of a better term.

Not sure what you and Putnik mean by "post-avnoj." I only know a few words and phrases in the language but I am otherwise not at all proficient. Your 3 suggestions though are helpful. Visoko and Travnik will be most useful.

Does anyone have ideas on other cities? Any fool could look at a map and write down random cities, but it's more difficult to tell which ones are of importance or not.

:)

10. General_Putnik

General_Putnik Chieftain

i mean that using the post 1945 border should be usefull

AVNOJ - the meeting of communists during the war that shaped the borders of post war Yugo.

11. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

That's not helpful for a mod during the 14th - 17th centuries.

12. Anima Croatorum

Anima Croatorum Prince

Post 1945 is most PC. Let sleeping dogs lie.

13. General_Putnik

General_Putnik Chieftain

the post 1945 are most PC - there are plenty of cities in BiH for that...during the 14-17th century they were an ottoman province so not usefull

14. dinamo_18

dinamo_18 Chieftain

I dont understand why you are protesting against this flag. If you would like that "ljiljani" flag than please remove all the Croatian and Serbian cities from Bosnia because that flag only represents the Muslims. The flag never represented Croats and Serbs. I know I'm right so dont argue this. And if you choose that "ljiljani" flag than you can put Alija Izetbegovic as your leader and have the El Mujahedin as your UU ;) .

Please do not respond to me as a nationalist because I am not. Halid Beslic is a great singer.

EDIT: you were forced to use this flag by US? Well Herzeg-Bosnia was forced into a federation with the Muslims and the Serbs were not allowed to seperate by the US.

15. dinamo_18

dinamo_18 Chieftain

The muslims brought in the mijahedins to do the fighting. Damir I dont hate the Bosniak people, but I hate the mujahedins. You almost regained Banja Luka??? When did you control Banja Luka? I dont know about the war in or around Banja Luka, but if the Muslims were outside the city, it would still take a huge effort to take it from the Serbs once you start attacking. The US did not <snip> you up. Remember when Srebrenica happened, couple weeks before the end. The US made Herzeg-Bosnia sign peace agreement with Muslims. Herzeg-Bosnia at once held 35% of Bosnia, while Serbs held the other majority part, not all but almost. If not for US, Croatian and Serbian borders would stretch more nowdays.

Moderator Action: Warned - langauge.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

16. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Ok, I'm cleaning this thread up a bit.

General_Putnik - warned for nationality bashing (calling a group of people "ethnic trash")

damir_k87 - Posting in another langauage - I had given a warning about this in another thread - and posting vulgarities in that language.

dinamo_18 - warned for vulgar language.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

17. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

18. dinamo_18

dinamo_18 Chieftain

Well this is great. Again we made our selves look so stupid. We cant even discuss a topic over the forum normaly, then how are we supposed to live together. Its a shame, on me as well. We all speak same language, born in the same country, and we still do things like these.

19. DeBo

DeBo Chieftain

First off ....FINALLY....a mod about Bosnia :D

Now to the bloke that needed help on Bosnian history and cities...I have been researching Bosnian history for a while now. I can probably be of some use... The same offer is extended to the guy that made the modern day Bosnia mod!

When it comes to the different views of what Bosnia is and was...well I could go on and on and on...but this is not an historical forum so I see no reason for it... We all know what the truth is and who did what! If someone really needs or wants a history leason...well you know where to find me. :rolleyes:

So let's keep the politics under wraps ..ey lads?

If anyone needs info on Bosnia & Hercegovina...please PM me and we might be able to work something out...

cheers
    DeBo

20. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

Hey, who you callin' "bloke!"

I still need a medieval Bosnian city list, if you're willing to contribute.