1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by SailorLazarus, Feb 28, 2006.

1. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

but the borders of the yugoslavian rep. of bosnia were drawn according to the ones of medieval bosnia.

2. Anima Croatorum

Anima Croatorum Prince

no they weren't they were drawn after the peace treaties of karlowitz(srijemski karlovci) and passarowitz(požarevac)

3. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

ah, sorry didn't know that the Rep. of Bosnia in the Fed. of Yugoslavia already existed back in the late Renaissance.

4. DeBo

DeBo Chieftain

Hey Shqype.... I've sent you a list on PM....! :D

Ohh and I didn't mean naything by the "bloke" remark... :)

5. [CRO]Nemesis

[CRO]Nemesis Chieftain

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Bosna.jpg
    Don't use this blue part, that was Dalmatia, this yellow part was part of bosnia for some time but it was mostly part of Dalmatia and Herzegovina (and royal families from there), this orange part was allways bosnia

6. dinamo_18

dinamo_18 Chieftain

Herzegovina is also Croatian land. It belong to Croatia not Bosnia.

7. DeBo

DeBo Chieftain

Well it all depends on what time period you take into account!!! Aslo note that during this period most areas were ruled by regional kings, lords and "Bans", who loyalty shifted quite often from one to the other!! So it wouldn't be 100 % correct to say that one area belonged to someone , and not someone else...In this case I focus the attention on Hercegovina!

cheers!

8. mr.x

mr.x Chieftain

Hey all,

I have a problem, when i downloaded the 1.61 patch the bosnian civ does not work, says xml error, and its not just with bosnian civ, but with everyone i downloaded,

Can someone help please, many thx,

Mr.X!

9. mr.x

mr.x Chieftain

Here are some suggestions to the bosnian & h. mod,

1. First of all, i thing there should be bosnian language, we are not german.
    If it cant be realised that fast, at least take the language pack from croatia or yugoslavia mpd

2. I think there should be a president of BiH, and i think it should be ALIJA IZEDBEGOVIC, after all he is our 1st president.

10. dinamo_18

dinamo_18 Chieftain

1. Yes you should take the language from one of the two.

2. Alija Izetbegovic should be a president and maybe the present day president of Bosnia, just to add variety. You can also add Suleiman and Muhammed II of Turkey because they made you what you are today.

11. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

:lol: Relax man, take it easy. Be nice and don't make provacative statements like that. Someone can have equally negative things to say about you...

12. mr.x

mr.x Chieftain

Hallo all,

Well i learned a lot these 2 days that i have been on the forum, so i changed a bit the BIH CIV, and improved it, so here it is:

BiH Civilization 2.0

Download:
    Code:
    http://d.turboupload.com/d/718742/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.rar.html
    The improvments:
    1. The flag is like this:

2. The leader is President Alija Izedbegovic,

3. The language of units is a mix of yugoslavia and croatia sound, until we make our own.

4. The theme sound is "Hajmo Bosno, Hajmo Hercegovino".

Many thanks to the first creator of BiH civilization - SailorLazarus, to the creators of the Yugoslav and Croatian civilizations.

13. DeBo

DeBo Chieftain

Is this the "modern-day" mod we are talking about ...or??

14. mr.x

mr.x Chieftain

i dont understand the question??????

15. dinamo_18

dinamo_18 Chieftain

Alija is from the past. Use him as one leader and then take the current president as another leader. Bosnia does have a leader right now, dont they???

16. mr.x

mr.x Chieftain

We have 3 presidents, i will make another from one of them. And i will make a unique unit for bosnia civ, i was thinking maybe to take a modernarmor and make it a unique unit, what do you guys think?

17. dinamo_18

dinamo_18 Chieftain

No, Bosnia doesnt have any modern armor. I would pick a foot soldier as their unique unit but since Im not Bosniak I dont know the army names of Bosnia. If I was doing a Herceg-Bosna civ I would choose the HVO as UU but I think a foot soldier would be more apropriate for Bosnia.

18. i101

i101 Chieftain

@mr.x: Alija Izetbegovic is not the leader of Bosnia and Herzegowina. He is dead. Please use those three (3) one: Sulejman Tihić, Ivo Miro Jović, Borislav Paravac.
    Sounds funny but it aint. Matter of fact these are the representivs of Bosnia and Herzegowina. So if your mod is "modern-day" stay please up2date.

What do you guys think about HOS Footsoldiers as UU for the Bosnia and Herzegowina mod? In matter of fact Blaz Kraljevic (Comandaner HOS, General Armija BiH) accepted during the Independence War only Alija Izetbogivc as his President and went against Franjo Tudjmans (Former Croatian President) plan to divide Bosna and Herzegowina between the Serbs and Croats.

This Unique Unit would be nice. Something Civ players from the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegowina can both identify with, no matter if Croat or Muslim.

19. Matrix1

Matrix1 Chieftain

Im not so sure if these bosnians also were Illyrians, Because if they were they should speak Albanian language today, and not bosnian (who is 95% as serbian)
    BTW I want to say the Sandjak who usually are known as Bosniak population, no they were not bosniak they have Illyrian ancestry with culture, traditions and spoke Albanian language.. But got assimilated by the slavs in the last century...

BTW the whole Bosnia was Illyrian/Albanian once, and even the name "bosnia" has Illyrian meening wich means "runing water"

20. i101

i101 Chieftain

So called Bosniaks (Bosnian Muslims) definitive dont speak 95% Serbian. It is a mixture of Croatian/Serbian and Ottoman Words. And in matter of Fact Serbs from Serbia have a diffrent dialect then Serbs from Bosnia and Herzegowina.

BTW if I am not wrong I think Sandjak used to be part of Bosnia and Herzegowina until WW2 but Tito cut it off.