Boston: Sand sculpting festival, theme “Wonders of the World”

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

If you are a civ-fanatic, and living anywhere close to Boston, then you have one thing to do this weekend: Head to the Revere Beach sand scultping festival. From Friday to Sunday world-renowned sand sculpting artists will be working on their sculptures to win a grand price. The theme of the competition this year is “Wonders of the World”, which means this theme is obviously very dear to us. The example picture of the King Tut statue is taken from the Revere Beach facebook account, and we expect also to see many great pictures there and also on Twitter. We would obvioulsy love to see some pictures from a civ-fanatic, so ping us if you saw your most beloved wonder being made there :).

I could get there in about 30 minutes. I would need SPF 1000.

I could get there in about 30 minutes. I would need SPF 1000.
20 layers of SPF 50 would do, but in reality one application of 30, plus a hat and long sleeve shirt would probably work. :p

I've been to that sand castle event in Revere beach many years ago. It's totally worth visiting if you're in the area. I'm about an hour and 20 minutes from Revere Beach Boulevard where, back in my youth, I'd go to 'shop the meat market' there. (You have to be from Boston to know what I mean LOL)

They start building the sculptures only from tomorrow on ;).
Yes, you have to actually read the link and when you do, voila! It starts this weekend. It was nice to get a heads up prior to the event starting. :)

Top Bottom