BOTM 104 Results

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
Conquest took all three medals this game. 5 conquest and 6 domination victories. Only 2 diplomatic and one of each culture/religious. No one went to Space (maybe Dynamic Spirit, but he didn't finish in time). Two losses: culture and conquest.
Close race for fastest diplomatic between two new players. Evry Team won it with his first ever submission.

1st hhhawk: 1565 AD Conquest Victory, 186,017 points.

2nd Jovan Kukic: 1330 AD Conquest Victory, 170,255 points.

3rd Falabello: 1270 AD Conquest Victory, 140,036 points.

4th :ninja: Ronald: 1625 AD Domination Victory, 112,973 points.

5th yyeah: 475 AD Conquest Victory, 110,535 points.

6th Ronnie1: 1480 AD Domination Victory, 107,834 points.

7th ric_hard: Domination
8th ub40: Domination
9th MarleysGh0st: Domination

10th kcd_swede: 1740 AD Conquest Victory, 79,551 points.

11th nocho: 1505 AD Cultural Victory, 74,675 points.

12th Huttl: 1842 AD Domination Victory, 56,878 points.

13th High King J.J.: 1866 AD Religious Victory, 49,820 points.

14th Evry Team: 1886 AD Diplomatic Victory, 44,736 points. :band: 1st submission ever. Welcome to GOTM.

15th WithTea: 1907 AD Diplomatic Victory, 41,197 points. :band: 2nd submission ever. Welcome to GOTM.

16th donsig: 2024 AD Cultural Loss, 2,842 points.

18th marbe166: 1370 AD Conquest Loss, 551 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.
I moved you to the poor starting position to be more equidistant with Zara and Gilga. Most of you moved back toward the flood plains.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

The Ninja Award goes to Ronald. :ninja:

Maybe someone did better?
Feel free to boast about the Wonders you captured in this thread.

Here are the rules from the Announcement Thread:
In contrast to SGOTM22 and BOTM102, there is no reward for building Wonders. However the :ninja: will be awarded to the player that captures the most wonders.
Spoiler :
Keep track of wonders as you capture cities. List total count in the Final Spoiler or send me a PM.
World Wonders, Shrines, and Headquarters that you capture count.
Spoiler :
National Wonders and Projects don't.
But you can't capture those.
You must remove both Zara and Gil from the game to be eligible for this award. They are in your way to reach other civs. And they have all the wonder resources.
So, you have to decide whether or not to keep them around to build wonders for you.

edit, note - player is not required to eliminate Zara and Gil for any other awards.

Captured Wonders claimed in Final Spoiler Thread:

27 - hhhawk (Gilgamesh still alive)

21 - kcd_swede (Zara Yacob still alive)

18 - Ronald :ninja:
15 - ric_hard :ninja:
1 - nocho :ninja:

Spoiler :
Maybe I shouldn't put rules in spoilers. :confused:
Maybe y'all should read the rules more carefully before starting. :wallbash:
;)

Wow! Third place and my first medal? This is very cool :cooool:!

At least this time I can see some merit in my result, comparing with others. I think that now I can fight for the gold :p (logically in lower levels), but it's valid for the award.

Congrats to all players (winners, medalists and participants) :rockon:. Thanks Deckhand for one more fun game :goodjob:!

BTW: the changing in the format of results - I still don't know which I prefer :think:...

BTW: the changing in the format of results - I still don't know which I prefer :think:...
Only did that this once, because everyone but the guys in the middle got an award.

btw - congratulations (to all)

It's hard finding that sweet spot of mediocrity. :rolleyes:
:lol:

It's because you all went for Domination. Space, Culture, Religious or Diplomatic would give you a shot at fastest or low score for that victory.

Domination is my favorite too. It's the most fun. You get to build the largest civilization and do the most fighting. The others all seem to have more min/max'ing.
The earlier your victory, the less you get to play. :mischief:

Another shield to add to my collection. Yay!:sarcasm:

No one went to Space (maybe Dynamic Spirit, but he didn't finish in time).

Indeed I would have gone to space. That is - if I hadn't got the dates wrong and discovered about half an hour before the submissions deadline that I did not in fact have 10 days left to finish the game... (IIRC this was somewhere around 150AD in game time). I'm sure that's not the first time I've done that too. :blush:

Congratulations to the winners (and participants). Good to see loads of submissions. I continue to be amazed at how quickly some of you play this game, while getting so good results, like yyeah with under 4 hours, and Falabello with 5 hours. Maybe they should get a ninja award too :D

Top Bottom