1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BOTM 120: Results and Congratulations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by kcd_swede, Jan 10, 2017.

1. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Chieftain GOTM Staff

Tough game! Only 4 victories, but they were hard-fought and well-earned. Thanks everryone for playing, submitting, and being good sports.

Everyone who managd to win got a medal, except DynamicSpirit, who gets a Cow award in consolation.

BtS BOTM 120 Results:

Summary of Medal Winners:

Gosha190: 1740 AD Domination Victory, 211,107 points.

neilmeister: 1824 AD Conquest Victory, 165,514 points.

nocho: 1894 AD Spaceship Victory, 79,783 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

DynamicSpirit: 2001 AD Domination Victory, 30,450 points.

Other Award Winners:

MarleysGh0st: 1969 AD Cultural Loss, 3,939 points.

donsig: 1923 AD Conquest Loss, 600 points.

>> See the full results here.
    >> See the updated global rankings here.
    >> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
    >> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
    >> Award symbols are listed here.

2. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Chieftain GOTM Staff

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
    The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

3. MarleysGh0st

MarleysGh0st Chieftain

Woo hoo! I got a green ambulance!

And, once again, my score is exactly in the middle of the pack. :rolleyes:

4. Gosha190

Gosha190 Chieftain

kcd_swede, thx for an unusual game!

But it took too much time to finish it. As for me it was too exhausting game: too much units to control and a lot of management actions. I believe there were no chances to win this game at deity.

5. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Definitely an interesting, different, game. And evidently quite a challenge - fewer than half of the submissions being victories is quite unusual for monarch level. Shows losing on this game is definitely no shame!

Funny thing is, a lot of the time I was playing, I thought I must've made really bad decisions because I was so far behind where I'd normally be on any given date. Looking at the results, it clearly was that the game was tough.

(Incidentally I'd been intending to go for a 2050AD space win in an attempt to secure the cow - which in turn was because around 1915AD I decided any 'normal' space win would be hopelessly uncompetitive with anyone on date, so I may as well go for 'as late as possible' instead. My 2001AD domination was the result of miscalculating the impact of a city border expansion! Wonder if it's the first time anyone has won domination despite having a spaceship that had been sitting waiting on the launch pad for around 50 turns :crazyeye: ... Guess I can't complain though - I still got the cow).