[BTS] BOTM 135 First Spoiler

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
Tell us about game to 1 AD.
You know rules.
Which save are you playing?

I took the contender save and settled 2E1N. Fresh water, 3 food, 3 hills and connection to the northern and southern waters looked like the best spot to me. The second city went on the southern tip on the PH next to bronze and clam, the third to the SE at the other clams sharing fish with the capital, the fourth up north at rice/fish/bronze. City 5 went on the island due south as it had the horses and I started contemplating assaulting the Koreans with immortals. Meanwhile I had built the GLH in the second city, so another good reason to look for off-shore places to settle.

Up to 1AD I settled 4 more cities, 2 off-shore on the islands NE and SE of our own. I built up an army of 14 immortals, of which 9 perished against 4 pesky defensive archers, but for the good prize of capturing Seoul and Pyongyang. Wang should be toast shortly, I certainly want to get the ivory and marble on the northern part of that island. I'm a bit weary of colonial expenses, but I guess being organized should alleviate that a bit. Wang bribed Asoka on me, but that should be a total non-issue.

So 11 cities so far and 45 pop. I've met all AIs and managed circumnavigation in 450BC. Seoul has Stonehenge which is nice for my new cities. Beside SH and GLH no other wonders so far, Oracle went 1240BC. Mids haven't been built yet, I hope to make a late shot at it. I'm a turn away from CS, while calendar, currency, CoL, aesthetics and monarchy are in the bag.

At this point not quite sure what VC to pursue, all options are open. :)

I took the Deity save because after so many years of playing, I either need a fun (i.e., edited) scenario or a real challenge, even though it will likely mean losing. In this game, the AI are a bit hamstrung by all the water so it looks like I have a decent chance. GLH is obviously essential here, and being Financial is great with all the water tiles and not a lot of river squares to cottage. I don't remember many details and am mostly posting here to encourage others to post with more entertaining reports. Not a lot has happened in my game. I'm not a war-rusher and have probably built only one immortal; warriors are cheaper and do garrison-happiness duty just as well. I think I had 8 cities and 28 pop at 1 AD. Techs are probably similar to nocho's, maybe a little more. GLH is my only wonder. My settler spamming has cooled off lately--maybe that was to concentrate on research for awhile, so I could get a monopoly tech for trades and not fall too far behind?--but is poised for a second flurry. As usual, I'm aiming for a military win, sort of beelining toward trebs and then cannon. Wang is closest but those Protective city defenders are nasty. I'll likely go after Zara and Pacal first.

Top Bottom