1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BOTM 136 Final Spoiler, game submitted

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by Deckhand, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Deckhand

Deckhand Not so nice GOTM Staff

Tell us all about it.

What worked?

What didn't?

2. petersc

petersc Chieftain

Retired around turn 314.

Was close to final culture push, then got surprise DOW from Khmer, and the french DOW very next turn I think. Khmer took one of my legendary cities, I retired.

I thought I was keeping decent watch on Buffy Sit-Rep screen and never saw my face as a target. But I don't know how to read diplo I guess.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  3. BornInCantaloup

BornInCantaloup A Shadow for the Warrior

Retired in 1230 AD.
    I liked a lot the starting position and the fact that the map was so large but
    I had troubles handling that very size (same with Pangaea's map that was provided a couple of months ago).

Was looking into a Conquest win,
    Crushed the French (Macemen),
    Was in the process to crush the Khmer (Cannons),
    Intended to then go crush Sumeria,

When Sury brought back a northern stack he used against America to defend one of his cities.
    He cleared a medium stack of mine, I didn't take cease-fire because I am stubborn, and then he cleared, on the same tile, about 3 other medium stacks I sent as reinforcements...
    So, I lost about 20 units to my own folly, 10 turns of production and the ability to swiftly switch from invading the Khmer to Sumeria.

Had a beautfiful 4 prongs attack going on against the Khmer when this happened. Too bad. Crushed my spirits.

4 prongs and some other screenshots :
    Spoiler :
    Spoiler :

France :
    Spoiler :

Mainland :
    Spoiler :

Fun :
    Spoiler :

Gilgamesh never got involved into any war, has a massive army and is on his way to Rifling.

Techs :
    Spoiler :

Stats in 1150 AD and 8 turns after walking into the trap of death, 1230 AD :
    Spoiler :

Bye-bye, cannons.
    Now, the out I could see involves making a Permanent alliance with Gilgamesh and I did not want to walk that line.

GG, game !