[BTS] BOTM 140 Final Spoiler, game submitted

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
What happened?

Did proliferation of AIs cause you to pursue a peaceful victory condition? Or to abandon the game?
Did anyone manage Conquest?
Did you have fun?

And as late as I in posting this report, I see it will still be the first reply... :(

When Sitting Bull attacked me, he had all of one archer heading my way. I ignored the war until Sitting Bull agreed to peace in 560. Many other wars broke out between various AI, but my wars of conquest began in 600 vs. Willem. I wiped him out in 1140, but all of my latter wars would end with my opponents being vassalized. By the end of the game, when I achieved a Domination victory in 1655, I had 12 vassals (Suryarvarman, WK and MM having become so voluntarily) and there were still 4 "free people" at large.

I shouldn't have been so rough on Willem; it would have been interesting to try for a complete set of 17 vassals. :mischief:

In the beginning, I tried to settle as more area as possible. Shaka attacked me due to our close border, but I had most of my units there because I assumed Hannibal could attack me, before he attacked Mansa Musa. Anyway, I wasn't well prepared for war, because Shaka had metal, and I had horses, so my warriors defended vs impi, and chariots vs axemen. At the start of the war, my fortified warriors repelled his initial impi attack, and I counterattacked him, killed his Impi with more warriors, killed his axeman with chariot, and took his border city(impi was on open terrain, blocking my chariot attack path, and axeman was the only unit in his city, which was Shaka's blunder). During war I connected metal. War lasted for many turns, and Shaka capitulated after losing more cities.
Although I often don't know if I'll achieve conquest or domination victory, this time it was obvious to me that I'll dominate. So, I decided to ignore Sitting Bull in my conquest plans, because he was far away, with worst land and it is hard to vassalize him. Also Persia wasn't needed for domination victory.
MarleysGh0st, I won domination victory the same turn you wiped out Willem :)

MarleysGh0st, I won domination victory the same turn you wiped out Willem :)

<sigh>

Well, I know I always end up in the middle of the pack. I personally judge my effort a success if I can score 50% of the leader's score, and I almost achieved that this time. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom