1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BOTM 140 First Spoiler, Noble

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by Deckhand, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, up to 1AD!

How has the game gone so far?
    Has the world been peaceful? How many civs have you met?
    How many cities have you built in your area? Anyone sneak in there? Grab land from other areas?

Stop! If you are participating in BOTM 140, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
    • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
    • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions

• Please do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
    • Please do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
    • Please do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD. (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
    • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

2. petersc

petersc Chieftain

6 Cities, probably will self-found a seventh.

With so many players, sort of surprised there has been no war yet. I think I will target Boudica at some point.

Are the roads significant on the land bridges? Or is that just what happens in world builder. (I haven't messed with it)

3. nocho

nocho Chieftain

16 cities, 71 pop

I chose to settle on stone and warrior rushed Boudica. Later I killed Spain and France. Oracled currency. No other wonders, mids and GLib should finish soon though. SH would've been nice, but chose to build chariots instead. Planning to move the capital, stone isn't too appealing long term.

Probably will head for space, although with the enormous amount of land it looks like a long game and haven't had much civ time as of late. :hmm:

4. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

The roads were added by me as part of the theme.
    Gold and horses are a nice bonus for those moving to the stone. I didn't add them iirc; but do like to give players starts with gold and strategic resources available. Lots of production. But only one food isn't great for a capital.

5. MarleysGh0st

MarleysGh0st Chieftain

I'm very late in posting this report--it's almost time for BOTM 142!

7 cities by 1 AD. I prioritized settling cities near the corners, so nobody has been able to sneak into my block of territory. Willem beat me to the Oracle, but I have Stonehenge and the GLH. The BC has been peaceful, but Sitting Bull just declared war on me at 1 AD. I don't even know where his territory is, yet!