1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BOTM 141 Final Spoiler

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Oct 24, 2017.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

BOTM 141 - Final Spoiler

So how did your game after 1AD go? Did you win? Did the small map give you enough time to finish? :crazyeye:

Reading Requirements

Stop! If you are participating in BOTM 141 then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
    • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
    • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

2. MarleysGh0st

MarleysGh0st Chieftain

While I continued my war with Hannibal, Monty made peace with DeGaulle and then attacked Sitting Bull. That goes poorly, and Sitting Bull takes Teotihuacan. DeGaulle would later resume the war against Monty. By the time I finally conquered Hannibal in 800, I was lagging badly in tech. Hannibal was the tech leader, with at least seven techs I didn't have. But I decided his death was more important that taking a tech that prolonged his life.

DeGaulle has captured Monty's two remaining continental cities (Monty had two left on the resource island), when I attacked DeGaulle. I captured Paris in 1300, but Monty would still decide to capitulate to DeGaulle in 1370, thus joining the war against me. Although his ships were a nuisance, he never tried to launch an assault to retake his homeland. Curiously, though, as I captured the rest of France, Monty never broke free from DeGaulle. Before I took DeGaulle's last city (Monty's old capital of Tenochtitlan) in 1470, Monty was up to 160% of his master's land and 227% of his pop!

I don't have enough galleys for a serious naval invasion, yet, so I attack Sitting Bull in 1520 and then make peace with Monty for a tech. Sitting Bull turns out to have enough crossbows to hold off my maces, so it takes some time for me to build muskets and push forward my attack. The Native American Empire is conquered in 1700.

I attack Monty again, but some border pops bring me just over the edge of the Domination victory limit in 1735, before I can take his remaining two cities. Pacal, who had settled most of the resource island before I even know where it was, had remained pleased with everyone for the entire game, and entirely pacifistic.

3. Xcalibrator

Xcalibrator Ultraviolet Catastrophe

1420 Dom win. Monte and SB had been fighting for a long time so I sent a stack (cats, WEs, etc.) up north to take what I hope would be poorly defended SB cities but they made peace just before I got there and SB consolidated his not inconsiderable forces in his west. Too much for me so far from home so I sent them back south to attack DeG from his north while I assembled another force to attack his south (350 AD). Tsk, dividing forces not a great idea for a first attack when I didn't have a lot to start with, but after a little drama I did take his three mainland cities and got him to cap. That left me with a big enough force to roll over SB pretty quickly (DoW 860 just as I got Gunpowder). He was woefully behind in tech with nothing to offer so I took all his three cities, then turned on Monte (1110)--similar story. Washington had been liberated/vassalized by Monte awhile before, so I was still at war with him. It took awhile to ship over forces but I took both his cities, largely with knights (dead 1300). Carthage was the tech leader and not to be trifled with, and I didn't have many units back on the mainland, so I continued against Pacal, although it was tricky getting units over/up to his main island with mere galleys against his galleons. (I had the Colossus and was in no hurry to obsolete it with Astro.) I took his two cities on the southern island (DoW 1330, with grens and cannon) and then got enough units to his main island (before losing nearly all my galleys) to make him cap, which put me over the limit.

4. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

Amazing Domination finish results. Lots of personal bests I'm sure.
    Here is the list of Domination dates from the results. (assuming no one gets disqualified)
    1. 625 BC, Fippy
    2. 300 BC, WastinTime
    3. 1210 AD, Morcar
    4. 1300 AD, Deckhand
    5. 1420 AD, Xcalibrator
    6. 1440 AD, c^3
    7. 1505 AD, UB40
    8. 1520 AD, Jovan Kukic
    9. 1735 AD, MarleysGh0st
    10. 1826 AD, Kime11
    11. 1945 AD, HighKingJJ
    Note that the above is not the score order. You will need to await the official results to see who got the medals.

The only other victory was kcd_swede who had the latest date (1979), lowest score, and only (player) Space victory.
    The AIs defeated afker with a 1981 Space victory; and conquered donsig 1100 AD.

5. Fippy

Fippy Warrior Queen

Ty so much for the fast reply :)
    My Axe rush training paid off, lol.