1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BOTM 142 Final Spoiler: Game Complete

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Nov 14, 2017.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

BOTM 142 - Final Spoiler

So how did your game after 1AD go? Did you win?

Reading Requirements

Stop! If you are participating in BOTM 142 then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
    • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
    • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

2. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Chieftain GOTM Staff

The arts, the scroogey corporate greed... why not totally switch gears from a conquest to a cultural vc? I founded sushi, crecon, and gems corps- Did Eiffel Tower and all that. Got a decent but not great win date. I lost my Ironworks/Wsll Street/WW-spamming city on the very last turn before going legendary in 3 cities. Catherine is a beeyatch. Cost me lots of base score, but speed unaffected. I prolly get a Cow anyhow with all that sushi, but only if nobody else (who doesn't lose London on the last turn) plays for it.

Fun game, weird map ( I like it!) and totally got suckered thinking this one was a slam dunk. All my plans foiled, and DR Evil and Humbaba had nothing to do with it.

Oh... btw.. the cult vic was 1800-ish with base about 6000 and final score 84k plus change. Not bad for playing the whole first half as a military conq/dom attempt.

3. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

I went Culture as well, totally quiet game - wasn't involved in any wars. Cultural victory in 1872AD, switched research off after Liberalism. Enjoyed it, just a fun quick game after a rotten day. Didn't meet Toku until the 1500s!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    kcd_swede likes this.
  4. Dhoomstriker

Dhoomstriker Girlie Builder

It was a fun game for certain! I also went for Corps, with the final tallies being:
    +26 Food from Sid's Sushi
    +45 Hammers from Mining Inc
    +9 Food from Cereal Mills

I mostly stuck with Knights and Musketeers as my top units, although I built a couple of Paratroopers near the end just to have some fun launching them around the map. :lol:

Catherine was indeed a menace, but ended up being the only AI who put up a reasonable amount of resistance.

I raised Madrid as I wanted to fit in more decent Cities in the area. Bye bye Oracle and Holy Cities, but there were no Shrines to raze and she had put a Confucian Shrine somewhere else, so I didn't feel too bad about the whole affair and just spread Confucianism around the world.

I also raised Moscow, thinking that it wasn't Levee-worthy but that the land in the area was suitable for building Ironworks. However, London later could build a Levee, so I then began to doubt the certainty with which I had raised Moscow, as both of those Cities were "off of the Rivers but on a square that had the termini of two different Rivers meeting up at said square," making me think that Moscow probably could have built a Levee--I'd appreciate hearing from someone who tried one way or another. Ironworks went in London since by the time that Ironworks was ready to build, my rebuilt Moscow was only at about Size 8 while London was at about Size 18.

I went for Score (sorry, kcd_swede, but it looks like I doubled your Base Score and tripled your Final Score). I ended up launching a Spaceship on the way there.

Thanks go out to the staff for keeping things interesting and to the players for keeping on joining in on the fun times! :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  5. High King J.J.

High King J.J. Chieftain

I liked this Botm. I didn't finish it. I'm not allowed to say why.
    Farewell.