1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BOTM 143 Final Spoiler, game submitted

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by Deckhand, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

Have fun?
    Tell us about it.

2. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

Easiest Immortal level game ever. Got 5 WW in Moscow shortly after 1AD (Mids, GW, HG, Colossus, and Chichen) with pults and various units including elephants. Then just teched to Liberalism... hoping for Rifling, but had to abort for economics free GM 2 t into Rep Parts. The gold from that got me to rifles and Astro in short order, then took vassals until the game was won. 1700AD Dom 202000 score. Fun!!!

3. Xcalibrator

Xcalibrator Ultraviolet Catastrophe

What made this a relatively easy Immortal game? Russia was slow to expand for some reason and relatively easy to box in and then conquer, with Moscow a real prize. I guess Peter was busy building Wonders instead of settlers?? That left us with a pretty big continent to ourselves, but it's not like the other AIs were lacking in land, and America ended up settling several cities on the east of our continent because it didn't seem worth the effort for me to rush to settle it. (My mistake?) The island to our north was ours for the taking, but the land there wasn't very good. I'm not complaining, just trying to figure it out. (I did settle that icy wasteland way up north to get the marble, too.)

Anyhoo, conquest win in 1675 with 220k. Russia was gone early but I think I waited until cannon to remove HRE (colony of America) from the east of our continent. Washington capitulated without me taking a single American city--don't recall experiencing that before. HRE was down to one offshore city by that point and had broken free from Washington--I razed that city a couple turns later. Then it was just a matter of shipping over units to America to vassalize Germany, the false Ottomans, and finally Greece. Transports were very handy for quickly shipping units from Germany close to the core of the Orange Ottomans. On to Deity BOTM145, where I'm sure I'll get my butt kicked! Thanks for the game, DH. I did have fun. :)

4. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

In my game, a strategically placed barbarian city kept the Americans from anything but a toehold lame razable city on my continent. I think the reason the AI were so backwards was the leaders and religious distribution... they all hated each other more than me. That is a first of sorts.:lol:

5. neilmeister

neilmeister Lentils have feelings too GOTM Staff

Damn, Moscow in my game had nothing in it. But, it was an easy conquest.... even though I am suuuper rusty!

I managed to maintain a tech lead for pretty much the whole game, and went to the stars in the very early 1800's.

Fun game!