1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BOTM 151 - Final Spoiler, game submitted

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by Deckhand, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

BOTM 151 - Final Spoiler, Darius of Persia, Deity level.

Spoiler :

So how did your game after 1AD go?

Reading Requirements

Stop! If you are participating in BOTM 151then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
    • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
    • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

2. Xcalibrator

Xcalibrator Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Continuing from 1 AD report, I captured another American city in 200 AD and took peace; redeclared 500 AD, and a conveniently timed AP resolution brought in everyone else. (Nice to have the AP working to my advantage for a change.) 680 AD was an eventful turn: Wash cap'd to me when I captured another city, Joao peace vassalled to Izzy, and Izzy DoW'd Julius. After awhile, to assemble my units and let Izzy and Joao march their units to the Roman borders, I DoW'd Izzy/Joao in 820. I was dismayed when, a few turns later, Izzy sent a massive stack toward my 2nd city (the southern one with horses, gold, copper, fish, and rice). I had recently gotten Gunpowder and a Great General, and made a Guerilla3/CG2 musketman to anchor the city's defense. She probably sent 60 units to their demise there, either in attacks or my mop-ups afterward. Her cultural pressure was similarly relentless and more effective, steadily stealing my gold, copper, copper, and fish. War weariness must have been killing her, though, and she/Joao kept bringing up AP resolutions for peace. "Never!" I cried. After breaking her first couple of stacks I started to take her cities, and both she and Joao cap'd in 1500 when they were each down to 1 city. I DoW'd Julius in 1515 and he cap'd in 1525 after I'd captured two of his cities and had a big stack of cannon, grens, rifles, and cavs sitting next to a third. That same turn I captured the last remaining barb city, on the western end of the big island. In 1530 the RNG chose Domination over Conquest with 231k pts.

This was one of the very few games I've played where I never sailed around the world--I figured the big island to the west was the last land, and I didn't want to obsolete the Colossus with Astronomy. Less understandably, I never built the Nat'l Epic either, although I did run 3 Trade Missions, rushed Notre Dame with a Great Eng, and burned a Great Sci on a Golden Age. Izzy and Joao were still ahead of me in techs at the end, but had only just gotten Gunpowder. They sure built a lot of units, though.

Fun game, and thank you for the Small map--goes a lot faster!

3. WastinTime

WastinTime Chieftain Supporter

Didn't play past 1 AD :mischief:

4. Xcalibrator

Xcalibrator Ultraviolet Catastrophe

DH, WastinTime requests that for future games you prepare a special difficulty level just for him. What shall we call it? Grand Deity? Deitiest? Zeus? (And perhaps the Hera save for Warrior Queen Fippy? Looking forward to her report.)

5. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

Too bad there is no setting that disallows worker stealing. :evil:

6. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I was dead by T25. I didn't think they would enter borders that soon and I was wrong.