[BTS] BOTM 152 - Final Spoiler, game submitted

Deckhand

Procrastination at its finest
GOTM Staff
Did you have fun?

Thanks again to Pangaea for creating the game.

Although I had founded Confucianism and Christianity in my own territory, I decided to convert to Buddhism in 200 AD. The Celts, Germans and Chinese already had this religion by this point, and religion seemed like the best way to keep them all friendly while I fought the Spanish and Portuguese. Building the AP in 780 helped with that; although Brennus would be the first elected to lead it, I gathered more votes with missionaries and city conquests and would succeed him in 1220.

Brennus, Mao, and Bismarck joined me in the war against Isabella and Joao in 1130. (I didn't invite Catherine to join in, since I was already planning for her to be my next target and saw no reason for her to share in the "mutual struggle" bonuses.) In 1140, I completed the conquest of Spain. Portugal would hold out until 1440. By that time, Brennus had become my peace vassal.

I attacked Catherine in 1520, giving Bismarck some techs to join the fight. Mao joined in for free. Catherine capitulated to me in 1575. I then attacked Bismarck in 1590, captured three cities and vassalized him in 1610. With only Mao still independent, I achieved a Religious Victory in 1630, with 951 of 1139 votes in the AP.

Incidentally, both of my machine guns survived to the end of the game. Once the wars got under way in earnest, they became the defensive units for my attacking stacks. They weren't Humbaba, but they served their purpose! :cool:

Had some fun, not nearly enough to finish the game. I'm just not into early and always war scenarios.
Anyway, when is the next BOTM coming? May started almost a week ago and no pre-game thread of Botm154 is seen. The Civ4 GOTM Schedule has not been updated since last summer.https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ4-gotm-schedule.560798/

I thought it was a fun game too, although I felt pretty rusty. I also went the religious route after eliminating first Spain and then Portugal around 1140AD. Brennus had actually built the AP in Budd, which was my religion too and both Germany's and China's also. Cathy was the lone hindu. Germany had long been friendly with me, partly due to shared war. In the very early game I had stolen a worker from China, so it was a bit more difficult to get to friendly, but after liberating some cities Mao offered to be my friendly vassal. Some extra goodies for Germany to make him stop whining about me having a vassal made me set for victory, if it weren't for the fact the relgious leader vote didn't show up in 1210. What? Darn, had forgotten to gift Cathy a buddha city. :hammer2: That was duly done in the next decades, for an AP win in 1320AD. Thanks for the game.

Top Bottom