1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BOTM 152 Hammy at war - up to 1 AD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by Deckhand, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

well, this is awfully late, hope some of you remember your game and post some results
    you know the rules ...

2. MarleysGh0st

MarleysGh0st Chieftain

Before the game began, I decided the best use of our machine guns would be to search for the Spanish and Portuguese and then pillage as many of their improvements as possible (since they couldn't attack any units/cities) until my other units were ready to go on the attack. I happened to choose the worst paths possible for those machine guns (generally, one to the south and one to the east), so I didn't spot any Spanish territory until 1440 BC, or Portuguese territory until 400 BC. Until then, the machine guns gained what experience they could defending against animals and barbs. (Hunting those poor bears with machine guns just isn't sporting!)

By 1 AD, I had settled 6 cities, captured one Spanish border city and one barb city. No conflicts with any of the other AI.