1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BOTM 159 Prince Augustus Final Spoiler, Game Submitted

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by Deckhand, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

BOTM 159 - Augustus Caesar

Did you notice any resemblance of the map/leaders to real history?

What happened?
    What challenges did you face?
    What was fun?

Reading Requirements

Stop! If you are participating in BOTM 159 then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
    • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
    • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

2. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal Supporter

Thanks for a great and enjoyable map with the historical flavour. The Prets shined and started the ball rolling. I should have teched IW myself to start the campaign earlier.

3. WastinTime

WastinTime Chieftain Supporter

Same mistake here. I didn't tech IW until late....and yeah, I did tech it myself after all. Quick space games are not my usual thing. Playing this game make me realize cottages are not dead to me. After playing so much marathon I decided to never build a cottage again. I still didn't build any this game, but I think that was mistake #2. I'll do them next time (on quick or normal speed)
    With cottages coming back, I'd build more libraries and uni's. Even go back to building Oxford.

4. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal Supporter

So you went space? On this map I had to do what happened 2000 years ago, make all land around the sea, Roman territory. The general taking Egypt, was named Marc Antony.:egypt:

Felt Pantheon, Forum and Colosseum had to be built in Rome :lol:. Quick, Prince all seemed so easy to do, forgetting the years went by fast.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  5. WastinTime

Funny, I did the exact opposite. I was playing a workshop/State Property game (for probably my first time ever), so I avoided the water. Gifted most of my coastal cities.

6. WastinTime

fyi, I had 2 tiles hit with global warming so 005 brought it back. Wasn't too severe tho.