1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BOTM 177: Shaka, Prince - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Jun 10, 2019.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

BOTM 177: Shaka, Prince - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, particularly anything after 1AD

Did you win?

Reading Requirements
    If you are participating in BOTM 177 then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
    • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
    • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

2. Frederiksberg

Frederiksberg Deity

Conquest victory for Zulu in 50 AD.

3. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Spoiler :

I started with something I'm familiar with, an axerush. Only that I build impis instead of axes. Took a look at my opponents after this and saw that everyone had metal units so saved the game as "Impi fun end... :(" and let the map rest for a week or so. When I revisited the map and started to build up economy abit, and made a few settlers, I was amazed at the pace of the AIs, and when Degauelle didn't have more than 2 axes or so I decided to just overcome everyone with numbers.
    I also had some sort of event that gave all impis the cover promotion, so every other promotion could go into shock/city raider. Very nice!
    Impi fun was certainly not over!!!
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

Interestingly, DeGauelle hold up for the longest time, even though he was my second target.
    I probably lost 40 impis just against Lyons, throwing away a stack once they felt brave enough. That hilled axeman was quite a challenge.
    Swapped tactics and pillaged his copper (something I should have done 1000 years ago, but just didn't think about.). Also whipped a galley to starve down his city to slow the production of archers.
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG

Similar tactic against Mecca, but here I blocked every tile too.
    Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    Once my friend Isabella got close with her "coward machines" I had to resort to attack.
    Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
    I understand Shakas philosophy more and more, you really don't need tech when you have alot of units! Just 22 impis lost here and killed 10 defenders and got a city. Even these suicide attacks aren't all that bad in a cost/benefit analysis.
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    Had spammed a few settlers and settled the ice/tundra to wrap up the game after Saladin, didn't want to betray Isabella who did help out abit by spreading religion for theocracy. :)
    Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG

Just 141 impis lost.
    Ashamed of that axeman I built too, in the period between me thinking that impi fun was over and before rising to the challenge again.

Thanks alot for the map, had loads of fun! :)
    Did notice the extra strategic resources, which added even more to the fun as it would probably have been to easy to just roll over only archers early on with the impis.
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG