1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] BOTM 181: Julius the Peaceful, Noble - First Spoiler - 1AD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Aug 18, 2019.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

BOTM 181: Julius the Peaceful, Noble - First Spoiler - 1AD

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, up to 1AD How did you find the map? Did you figure out in what manner the Goddess Venus sought to prevent you going to war? Did it work or did you start attacking AIs anyway? :sniper:

Reading Requirements
    If you are participating in BOTM 181, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
    • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
    • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
    • Do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
    • Do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
    • Do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
    • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

2. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi King

Question: I am already beyond 1AD. Can I post something about the early game here? Should I use the hidden spoilers?

3. zbgayumn

zbgayumn Emperor

Hi Tobiyogi, you can post about anything that happened up to 1 AD in your game. When you've played past 1 AD it can be difficult to remember what happened when, so just try to stick to discussion of the early game.

4. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi King

Alright. Just wanted to state that the barbarians behave a bit unusually. I follow the challenger save that is supposed to be deity. Maybe the barbs are on "noble" mode because they gave me A LOT of time before entering my territory. Maybe only at 1500 BC. On the other hand, there are many barb galleys around, but that's normal because there are several little islands and I was focusing on REXing and not on boat building.

5. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

Assumed it might be an island start. Why doesn't good Venus trust us to leave in peace with our neighbors and not confining us to a lonely island.

Lack of early metal would be an issue if we had any one to bonk over the head with.

on another note, this is my first GOTM ever

6. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Tried out the Deity Challenger save.

The goddess Venus gave no metal!
    I want to war badly, but barb galleys keep messing with me.
    Will get my hands on Iron around the same time as Elepult.

It is a clever map setup. :)
    Got Philosophy and will have Currency in 2 turns.

7. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Maybe, because the good Venus has access to the archives from previous games, so she knows just how untrustworthy you lot always are :nono: :lol: