[BTS] BOTM 215: Napoleon, Immortal - First Spoiler - 1AD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Jun 18, 2021.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

BOTM 215: Napoleon, Immortal - First Spoiler - 1AD

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, up to 1AD. How are you finding the Napoleon of the Vikings combination? Met any of the AIs?

Reading Requirements
    If you are participating in BOTM 215, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
    • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
    • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
    • Do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
    • Do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
    • Do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
    • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

2. jnebbe

jnebbe Warlord

Spoiler :

SIP, didn't want to gamble having to share the corn to work that silver. You could pretty easily share both silvers with north fish but no way I could've known that.
    Didn't even go GLH, just expanded normally. Up to 8 cities, have 1 scientist ready to bulb, and I win music next turn.
    Really want to try some berserk/galley shenanigans and take some coast cities, even just to raze them and slow down ai. Have to hurry up or else bella will get longbows in time.

DynamicSpirit likes this.
  3. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

Challenger (for a change)
    SIP
    Fogbusting
    worked well with 5 warriors. I did have to defend in a forest to clean up 2 archers.
    Barb Galley made my exploring workboat return home. Followed up with a galley and I've met everyone.

Got the Great Lighthouse. A must-have with all the islands, trade routes are +3 each.
    AI got early free Alphabet (thanks Deity) Pretty friendly bunch, so free tech and lots of cash and gpt available from them. Not to mention all the happy resources from the early Calendar. Seems each island usually has extra of each resource for trading.
    At 1AD I have my first Berserkers being built.
    I can get to Isabella before longbows, but even those are not a big problem. Hills cities will need catapults once longbows appear.
    Boudica was my original pick for 1st target, but Isabella built the Pyramids in such an easily accessible city. It makes a perfect first capture. Looks like Police State again for me.

4. MarleysGh0st

MarleysGh0st Prince

I took the Contender save and settled in place. I finished the GLH in 1600 BC. By 1 AD, I have 6 cities and I'm beelining towards Berserkers. I haven't picked a specific victory condition, yet, but it will involve "victory by military means" and the naval/amphibious component of that will have play a big part of that on this map.

I agreed to Isabella's demand to convert to Buddhism. Frederick also shares that faith, so that should keep my western and southern neighbors pleased with me.

DynamicSpirit likes this.
  5. Xcalibrator

Xcalibrator Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Immortal save, SIP, pretty similar settling pattern as jnebbe, although with 2 of my 9 cities on the SE islands, and a settler almost ready for the NE island with the crabs. Pop 33, 5th of 6 in score with 510 (Portugal with 555, Spain bringing up the rear with 480). I have the GLH but no other Wonders.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021