[BTS] BOTM 216: Bismarck, Noble - First Spoiler - 1AD

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
BOTM 216: Bismarck, Noble - First Spoiler - 1AD

How did you find fantasy realm?

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, up to 1AD

Reading Requirements
If you are participating in BOTM 216, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
  • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
  • Do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
  • Do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

Challenger, SIP.
Happy about events on, didn't realize that before playing.
Map is fun. Plenty of happy resources. It is frustrating that things are on desert, jungle, and ice all the time. Even the Gems required BW due to the forest.
Barbs are more soul-crushing than usual. On T91, I still had 10 barbs in my territory all at once. I thought it was raging.

I'm playing a 100% peaceful diplo game. It's challenging to keep this group happy with each other, and I'm constantly watching out for "traded with our worst enemy"

Woulda been just one city, but I had to settle on copper early.

Last edited:
SIP, Immortal.
Wasted a turn, because I checked what is south-west beyond the wheat (and went back next turn).
Unusual building order, like growing to size 2 first and then making 2 workers in a row. First tech was BW and first worker action was on gems.
It's funny to see how AI is roaming around with warriors. Took 4 workers from Isabella by DOWing 2 times. Also smashing her cottages for early commerce.
Expanding in circles from my capitol, 2nd town between copper and crabs.

Barbs are a pain in the a** but I didn't want to build TGW without stone. Rather invest into expansion, Oracle, Axes.... Also I did not want the Great Spy, because my rivals don't make the fittest impression. What to steal from them?
The map is huge and I see only 6 rivals in the settings. So lots of space for barbs.

Oracle decision was tough, but with Bismarck, I think M. Casting was the right one. Easy and early forges that don't pollute the cities too much.

Last edited:
Contender Save. I settled NW of the starting position. I tried the idea of building two workers first, but I can't really tell you how well the experiment worked, because I mistook the marble ice for my cultural border and fed the second worker to a panther. :cringe: My scout was also killed by a panther, while defending in a forest. :sad:

The game pace has been slow. By 1 AD, I only have 4 cities. I built the Oracle for the CS sling.

This sums up my game pretty well
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Challenger, SIP, agri->bw->tw->pottery->writing->math
Changed my mind on tech so many times. 1st thought elepult then went towards calendar then switched towards aesthetics/glib.
Took literal eons to finally control barbarians, copper was 4th city and it was being patrolled by barb archers+spears before I founded.
I don't even know what my end goal is here, I have no food to whip an army out, maybe draft rifles?. Techrate is atrocious but hey so is everyone else's (except mansa, who oracled MC but absolutely refuses to trade it :crazyeye:)

8 cities+2 more settlers, just trying to cottage whatever greenland I can. Glib will be done soon which will be nice; can continue growing capital while still getting gpp

I tried the idea of building two workers first, but I can't really tell you how well the experiment worked, because I mistook the marble ice for my cultural border and fed the second worker to a panther. :cringe: My scout was also killed by a panther, while defending in a forest. :sad:

Nice to know you're being kind to the animals!

@jnebbe - that's definitely quite a barb invasion you have going!

Top Bottom