BOTM 220: Saladin, Monarch - First Spoiler - 1AD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Sep 13, 2021.

1. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

@jnebbe SB had a very poorly defended hill city (two longbows) which I had T0 access too in my game when I was done with the backstabbing snake Hannibal.
    I diverted a secondary stack to take this city, something like 2 catapults, 2 elephants and 3 ragtags axes or whatever it was.
    After 2 catapults softened up the second longbow, but didn't dent the first, and after two elephants promoted with flank1+2 got down the longbow to something like 5.7... well, the other in the once hopeful little stack retreated in shame.
    Not getting this city was huge since it made it so much difficult to defend from counterattacks later on once my main stack had taken his capital.

Sitting bulls archers are really the stuff of nightmares. :|

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

No...could you expand a bit on your "troubles" :D

@jnebbe ...so you got buffy workin'?....axe rushin' SB is borderline insanity

3. jnebbe

jnebbe Warlord

Yes all I did was buy the GOG version instead of downloading online and messing with Moderator Action: <<SNIP>>
    In hindsight rushing SB is a little silly, Hannibal had the hindu holy city+walls and I figured it wouldn't be possible without catapults, maybe should've waited till construction and just try cats+axes

Moderator Action: CivFanatics has a zero tolerance policy regarding discussion of pirated software. Discussion removed. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2021
    LowtherCastle likes this.
  4. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

Sure, my biggest trouble rt now is a sarcastic moderator :hatsoff:

LowtherCastle and lymond like this.
  5. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Hm! My biggest trouble rt now is the covidity of my fellow Floridian manatees.

6. Conquistador 63

Conquistador 63 Deity

I played up this one up to 1AD. Then, out of curiosity, played a few turns of the following BOTM (Brennus) when it became available.
    Unfortunately, since then a faulty SSD forced me to reset my gaming laptop from zero - reinstall Windows etc.
    So won't be able to submit neither of these games. :sad: