[BTS] BOTM 223 - Results and Congratulations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by DynamicSpirit, Dec 1, 2021.

1. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Well we all know that deity can be tough. And this game proved it. But we also know that skill and careful thinking and win out against overwhelming odds. And this time it's @Pangaea who proved that in style.... Because Pangaea won the gold medal, the fastest religious award, and the cow - by virtue of being the only person who played the contender save and won!!!!

The results look pretty unusual because all three people who played adventurer got higher scores than @Pangaea - but of course, adventurer doesn't qualify for any medals or awards (although it does qualify for the lowest-scoring victory shield consolation prizes). Thus we see @jnebbe at the top of the results list, but without any awards.

Congratulations to everyone. And I should also commend the efforts from @LinkDinkin and @donsig, who bravely played the deity contender saves through to losses. @Xcalibrator and @5tephen also attempted contender but retired.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Pangaea: 1160 AD Religious Victory, 146,711 points.

Other Award Winners:

jnebbe: 1260 AD Conquest Victory, 322,378 points.

NickTrofimuk: 1330 AD Domination Victory, 291,576 points.

LinkDinkin: 1715 AD Conquest Loss, 1,804 points.

donsig: 350 AD Conquest Loss, 274 points.

>> See the full results here.
    >> See the updated global rankings here.
    >> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
    >> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
    >> Award symbols are listed here.

Fippy and Pangaea like this.
  2. DynamicSpirit

DynamicSpirit Fear him of the pink tie Moderator GOTM Staff

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
    The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

3. MarleysGh0st

MarleysGh0st Prince

Unusual results, indeed! A toast to my awardless third place finish! :crazyeye:

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Wow, great news! :) I can win gold as long as nobody else qualifies, haha :D

Given the odd results here, it was interesting to see the updated rankings from the global rankings page. Apparently the points per game there is based on scores in the games, without consideration of difficulty, so I ended up with only 45.5. instead of the usual 100.

Looking over a different table, if I'm able to win a conquest victory, probably the most contested category, I can actually get a second Eptathlon. Something to think about for the future :)
    @Jovan Kukic could have had about 20, but has mostly racked up conquests and dominations I see. Very impressive.

Anyway, this was a tough game, and I was just glad to win it one way or another, and thinking back, religious was probably the only way. It tends to feel a bit cheesy, but not really in this context.

5. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

This is one of the most outstanding wins in gotm history by Pangaea, i saw how difficult that map was.

6. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Yikes, that is high praise. Thank you kindly :)

lymond likes this.