BOTM 25 - problem with Victory Conditions Screens

Jasonc

Chieftain
I just ran into a weird problem with the victory condition screens, while playing BOTM-25. I clicked on the 'members' page and now I'm stuck there. When I close/reopen the screen I come back to the members page and cannot go 'back' to the main screen where I can see the status of the different victory conditions. The only options I see at the bottom of the page are 'apostolic resident' and 'religious leader'; and switching this has no effect. This is causing me heartache because I'm in the final stages of the game. Any help is appreciated.

Probably related to this known bug.
Maybe it is better referred to as "this previously discovered bug", as clearly "known" is in the brain of the thinker ... :mischief: :p

@ Jasonc: Hopefully, you found in the referenced thread the following:

the 'fix' is to uncheck the BUG / BUFFY Victory conditions Advisor / Screen. The reason the screen stayed broken was that it was trying to build the Voting tab (that tab is broken) and failing. Restarting Civ4 and loading your game would have reset it.

Not nearly as bad as the issue from way back (one of the vista permission issues, IIRC?) where the options screen would fail to build the exit button, and you were locked in the options screen, and had to exit with task manager ... :eek:)

dV

Thanks AlanH and daVinci for the help! I'll try unchecking the victory screen option next time I play.

Top Bottom