BOTM 96 - Results & Congratulations

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff
Congatulations to the winners! Hope you had fun with the smaller map. Dominators take home the medals across the board.:goodjob:

BtS BOTM 96 Results:

Summary of Medal Winners:

Gosha190: 1635 AD Domination Victory, 680,569 points.

shulec: 1812 AD Domination Victory, 357,969 points.

BornInCantaloup: 1180 AD Domination Victory, 343,409 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

TalladegaKnight: 1770 AD Spaceship Victory, 179,031 points.

Kaitzilla: 1060 AD Cultural Victory, 122,646 points.

Ronald: 250 AD Conquest Victory, 86,049 points.

whb: 1540 AD Religious Victory, 68,491 points.

Other Award Winners:

Cat Behemoth: 1840 AD Spaceship Victory, 60,108 points.

magpie_robert: 1856 AD Conquest Victory, 56,843 points.

Pious_Pete: 1868 AD Domination Victory, 47,565 points.

smitsk00: 1824 AD Cultural Victory, 16,682 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

End of BtS BOTM 96 results.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

gg, I liked this "islands" game a lot.
Thanks for providing the results so fast.

Particular congratulations to Gosha190 who, I assume, has been the only player to found Sushi Inc.
Also Ronald's finish seems neat.

gg, I liked this "islands" game a lot.
Thanks for providing the results so fast.

Particular congratulations to Gosha190 who, I assume, has been the only player to found Sushi Inc.
I found sushi too. But I only had 25 ish cities with a 30ish food sushi. I think my land percentage was in the 40s. Could have had a bigger sushi if I did more warring and wiped out Gandhi or the Incan too.

Oh, SushiShip, sure ! I forgot about that possibility.
Must have been a good time.

25 cities and 40% land seems a little bit on the low side of things, indeed. I think I got Domination with about 45 cities.
I would think that, going for a space race, settling cities is well worth it even into the 1000 ADs.
Also, on such an islands map, with Sushi, there is always the possibility to settle no-food cities that don't increase the land %. I'm not sure how well those pay off but I assume they do.
30 food Sushi is a tremendous amount.

Space is hungry on infrastructure, so it's harder to balance building settlers with building infra. This is easier when going for Dom only (very little infra needed, so the choice is quickly made).

Congrats Gosha and everyone else!

No more BOTMs?!

Actually, there will be more BOTM's next year (and fewer Vanilla/Warlords otm's). We'll publish a target schedule when its ready.

I should also like to Congratulate Gosha190 for acheiving the second highest ever score in a BOTM - only about 5000 points lower than the record (which is another Gosha190 game).:goodjob:

I should also like to Congratulate Gosha190 for acheiving the second highest ever score in a BOTM - only about 5000 points lower than the record (which is another Gosha190 game).:goodjob:

Thx for the map! :goodjob:

It was very funny. I started the game this time as usual - very fast and did not want to finish it. But map was so funny...

No wars in BC years, only 6 cities before 1AD, late Oxford... but result is very similar to BOTM19. :confused:

104 cities at the finish line.... :crazyeye:

Grats to all who are still playing CIV games! MC! HNY2016! :)

Congrats to winners and medalists :yup:! I was searching for another victory, but neglect at some point and got accidental Domi... :hmm:

Wow! Almost 700k! It is not always that you see something like this... :clap:

Congrats to all players that participated and thanks kcd_swede for another game and effort :goodjob:!!!

Oh, SushiShip, sure ! I forgot about that possibility.
Must have been a good time.

25 cities and 40% land seems a little bit on the low side of things, indeed. I think I got Domination with about 45 cities.
I would think that, going for a space race, settling cities is well worth it even into the 1000 ADs.
Also, on such an islands map, with Sushi, there is always the possibility to settle no-food cities that don't increase the land %. I'm not sure how well those pay off but I assume they do.
30 food Sushi is a tremendous amount.

Space is hungry on infrastructure, so it's harder to balance building settlers with building infra. This is easier when going for Dom only (very little infra needed, so the choice is quickly made).
I enjoyed the game very much. My last founded/captured city was in the 1200s. After that it was whipping executives and building infrastructure.

Some things went right. I ran 6 consecutive MOM golden ages to finish the game. Launching the ship with around 5 turns left on the golden age. Has anyone ever done the 6 great person golden age?

I couldn't get a great engineer for mining Inc to save my soul. I finally got one with the fusion great engineer and on that same turn generated my first naturally. I even had all of the great engineer early wonders and an engineer running in most cities.

I could have been more aggressive with the warring and founding new cities. Wiping out Gandhi would have helped a lot. I only focused on new cities if they gave 2 or more sushi/mining resources.

Top Bottom