1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Boudicca of the Iceni : 3D animated, era specific leaderhead.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Rob (R8XFT), Nov 22, 2004.

1. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Currently working on several Ancient Mediterranean leaderheads, I decided to make Boudicca era-specific. I think she's going to be a trouble causer :mischief: !

Download Boudicca

2. Rob (R8XFT)

City list:
    Venta Icenorum
    Caister
    Thetford
    Snettisham
    Ixworth
    Toftrees
    Woodcock Hill
    Brettenham
    Narford
    Wilton
    Camboritum
    Yarmouth
    Pensthorpe
    Cromer
    Loddon
    Bungay
    Alby Hill
    Diss
    Bayfield
    Hoveton
    Neatishead
    Burnham Market
    Mannington
    Sheringham
    Blakeney Point
    Halvergate
    Wolterton
    Stody
    Morston
    Walsingham
    Aylsham
    Downham Market
    King's Lynn
    Wisbech
    Attleborough
    Holt

Please note that only the first eleven cities are Iceni cities. As that is too short a list for a civilization in Civ 3, I've added an extra 25 cities/towns taken from modern-day Norfolk (the area in the UK where the Iceni were based.)

3. Rob (R8XFT)

Unique Unit

BeBro's excellent Celtic war chariot.

Cost : 20.
    Stats :M2 A2 D1.
    Abilities : Invisibility, starts GA.
    Replaces : Chariots and horsemen.

Traits
    Militaristic, Religious

Great leaders
    Prasutagus

4. Rob (R8XFT)

Civilopedia entry (taken from Wikipedia):

#RACE_ICENI
    ^The Iceni are $LINK<militaristic and religious=GCON_Strengths>. They start the game with
    $LINK<the wheel=TECH_The_Wheel> and $LINK<ceremonial burial=TECH_Ceremonial_Burial> and build
    $LINK<Celtic chariots=PRTO_Celtic_Chariot> instead of $LINK<chariots=PRTO_Chariot> and $LINK<horsemen=PRTO_Horseman>.
    ^
    ^
    ^The Iceni were a Norfolk-based pagan tribe circa 1st century BC to 1st century AD.
    ^
    ^The territory of the Iceni approximated to the borders of modern-day Norfolk. The Iceni are mentioned in Tacitus’s Annals which were written in AD 118 but describing the events of AD 47. Tacitus records how in 47 the Iceni revolted against Roman occupation and once again in 60. The events leading up to Queen Boudicca and the Iceni's revolt are as follows:-
    ^
    ^The tribal ruler Prasutagus attempted to bequeath half of his kingdom to his family, instead of leaving it to the Roman Emperor Claudius. Upon the death of Prasutagus however, Procurator Catus Decianus seized his entire estate. Queen Boudicca, wife of Prasutagus, then led a large-scale revolt against Roman occupation, sacking Colchester, London and Verulamium
    before finally being defeated and killed at an unknown location somewhere in the East Midlands.
    ^
    ^From the Iceni’s defeat the Romans turned the former tribal territory of the Iceni into a Civitas or administrative subdivision. The Ravenna Cosmography, Ptolemy’s Geography and the Antonine Itinenary each record that the Roman administrative centre for Norfolk was named Venta Icenorum a settlement a mile or two from the Bronze Age Henge at Arminghall,
    near the village of Caister Saint Edmunds, some 5 miles south of present-day Norwich.
    #DESC_RACE_ICENI
    ^
    ^
    ^Archaeological evidence of the Iceni includes torcs - heavy rings of gold, silver or electrum worn around the neck and shoulders. Of the three different types of Iceni coins found so far the boar-obverse type is most numerous near Norwich. The symbol of a horse found on these coins suggests that it was an animal of particlar significance to the Iceni.
    ^
    ^Sir Thomas Browne the first British archaeological writer, noted in Hydriotaphia, Urn Burial (1658) of the Roman occupation, Boudicca and Iceni coins: [That Britain was notably populous is undeniable, from that expression of Caesar. That the Romans themselves were early in no small numbers, seventy thousand with their associates slain by Bouadicea, affords a sure account...
    and no small number of silver pieces near Norwich; with a rude head upon the obverse, an ill-formed horse on the reverse, with the Inscriptions Ic. Duro.T. whether implying Iceni, Dutotriges, Tascia, or Trinobantes, we leave to higher conjecture. The British Coyns afford conjecture of early habitation in these parts, though the City of Norwich arose from the ruins of Venta, and though
    perhaps not without some habitation before, was enlarged, built, and nominated by the Saxons.]
    ^
    ^A large statue of Queen Boudicca wielding a sword and charging upon a chariot can be seen at London at the Embankment.
    ^
    ^The Icknield Way, an ancient trackway linking East Anglia to the Chilterns is named after the Iceni tribe.

5. Antiochus VII

Antiochus VII Basileus

Yeah, I think you've saved yourself about a thousand requests to make her era-specific! This one is great! (again, of course ;) )

6. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

This one was along time coming...I think you were working on her for about half a year right? I seem to remember a Boudicca preview in your canceled R8XFT mod thread...She is quite good

(Suddenly a native american man with a headress of feathers approaches)

Message from Crazyhorse: The Great Sprit commands you to make me into a Era-specific, 3-D leaderhead next

Profound! You have gotten the attention of one of the greatest Sioux chiefs R8XFT with your talent.....

BTW, GIDustin added Hector to his website(that was fast!)...

7. Rob (R8XFT)

I originally did a version of Boudicca in the R8XFT mod thread, but then dropped that leaderhead. This is a brand new version, which I did the single-era version last week and made her era-specific yesterday.
    I notify GIDustin each time I do a new leaderhead so he can add it to the site asap.
    Crazyhorse will come sometime soon.

8. Sword_Of_Geddon

I knew I saw a Boudicca before.

Sorry for asking about Crazyhorse by the way, its been concerning me that you'd abandoned that idea for good so I had to ask about it.

9. Rob (R8XFT)

What shall we have as the UU? I was thinking of BeBro's excellent Celtic war chariot. Perhaps having A2 D1 M2 and invisibility, replacing both chariots and horsemen?

10. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sort of like the Hittite's Three-Man Chariot?

11. Rob (R8XFT)

Not exactly; the 3 men chariots are A2 D2 M2 with no invisibility. Although, like the Hittite chariot, the Celtic chariot replaces chariots and horsemen, upgrading to knights.

I also thought the Celtic chariot could cost 20 to build, making it the same cost as a chariot (3 men chariots cost 30) and that makes it a cheaper horseman with invisibility when you've discovered horseback riding.

12. Sword_Of_Geddon

Maybe I should add the British Isles to my area-specific mods. I don't consider them a part of Europe, but rather their own unique region. You've certainly done alot of heads for it hehe.

13. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

Excellent! I have a good role for this. I think this is one of your better ones. Is that a parasol being held like a shield? I like it...

14. Rob (R8XFT)

It's a fan, actually.....and she opens and shuts it slightly as well as moving it.

15. Hrafnkell

Hrafnkell Alheithinn

She is great looking from the start and gets better with each era!

16. JaseEmtP

JaseEmtP Warrior

she looks great I know just where I can use her.

17. Rod

Rod Chieftain

I really wonder when we will see your own mod.. and wether it will be placed on the british isles, ireland, and on a small part of france ;)

18. Snorken

Snorken Chieftain

Nice leaderhead! :)

19. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Boudicca, will you marry me?

20. LBPB

LBPB Chieftain

She's really gorgeous !

I prefere when she smile, otherwise I get scared ;)