1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Bought a new computer I hope will be great for Gathering Storm

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Jan 10, 2019 at 4:06 PM.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

If you check your drive stats the writes are to your game directory (where your saves also are). The game files are read and forget.

ChocolateShake likes this.
  2. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

The sudden snow fall in the midwest has delayed my package so I don't have my new computer yet! Argh! Hopefully tomorrow or Monday.

3. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

I feel for you. I hate it when you expect a new toy and it doesn't come! At least Gathering Storm is not being released to today!

4. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

Thanks. Yeah, at least I know I will have my computer before GS comes out. And I've already pre-ordered GS so I will be ready.

ChocolateShake and Ondolindë like this.
  5. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Maybe that's how GS should handle traders that encounter a storm. I'm pretty sure they said that storms don't kill traders, but maybe they should have the route provide no (or reduced) yields for turns it's in a storm. That would be a good middle way between god-traders and random loss of the unit.

6. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ Chieftain

I just bought an upgrade to my pc aswell.(just ordered today so still waiting for it) i need it because late game on CIV 5 it uses 10 min on huge map. So my old pc has this spec :
    Processor: Intel Core i5 4670. 3.40GHz
    Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1070
    Memory: 8GB RAM DDR3
    I got an SSD to of course. So i will ask here to instead of making another thread. This will be my new pc spec:

Processor: Intel Core i7 8700. 3.2/4.6 GHz 6-core
    Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1070
    Memory: 16GB RAM DDR4
    And new motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B360-F Gaming S-1151

You guys think this will be enough to run Civ 5 and 6 very smooth on late game on big maps like Giant Earth for example?

SupremacyKing2 likes this.
  7. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

The new specs certainly look great! Congrats!

8. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

Got my new computer and reinstalled civ6. It definitely plays better as expected. Loads faster. Higher screen resolution and I get the diplo animations again! civ6 actually is a very pretty game.

WillowBrook likes this.