Box Art for Brave New World being revealed

That cover is really well done, actually - one of the best ever in Civilization's history imo.

Well done Firaxis!:cheers:

Edit: Veras (or mod?) - could you update the OP with the image please?

The Box Art is in the Screenshots Only Thread. This will pretty much die out quickly seeing there's very little to talk about the art box anyway.

Let me tell you something else that is scary. Each Fakebook user is worth over $100 (and multiply it by the number of users, which is over a billion).

There you have it. Monetization of individuals in the form of likes. Humans are but a commodity.

Even scarier, the deceased are able to like things that they loathe when they were living.

Yes, and something really scary too is that we're all cattle. Me and you and all those Facebook-likers. It might be hopeless, but let us resist to the last anyways. Just for the hell of it.

We think we're individuals. :lol:

I have a Facebook-account, and I use Google as my search engine.
I'm a product, but I don't care.

I don't even know how I'd use the internet without being a product. What do you use to search? Gopher?

I also have a Facebook account and use Google as my search engine. I suppose I'm a commodity, but I'm certainly not a very hot one. I very rarely impulse purchase anything--if I buy it, chances are I was planning to buy it already, independent of advertisements. I'm also annoyed by excessive advertising and may decidely not purchase a product if I'm inundated by too much marketing.

Remember, they can buy and sell us all they want, put as many advertisements in our face as they can, but it's not worth much if they don't motivate us to spend money.

Your value as an individual isn't that great. If 1 out of 100 buys a product, the campaign was successful.

Your value as an individual isn't that great.

:sad:

No, of course not, but it just illustrates the point that advertising is more or less effective depending on the individual. It's also difficult to measure the effectiveness of advertising and marketing: how much is enough? How much is too little?

Now excuse me while I go brood on my worthlessness.

It has been increasingly sad and pathetic of how much people willing to expose themselves, not only to security risks, but in being a monetized commodity. You (no one specifically) would probably be the first ones to get implanted RFIDs so you can get what you think you need to have at the cost of personal liberties and identities. I do not even go to Facebook anymore because the company does not value security and privacy, and while I use Chrome/Google all the time, I do not have an account.

It has been increasingly sad and pathetic of how much people willing to expose themselves, not only to security risks, but in being a monetized commodity. You (no one specifically) would probably be the first ones to get implanted RFIDs so you can get what you think you need to have at the cost of personal liberties and identities. I do not even go to Facebook anymore because the company does not value security and privacy, and while I use Chrome/Google all the time, I do not have an account.

"Sad" and "pathetic"? There's an opinion if I've ever seen one. Believe it or not, a lot of people just don't give a quack about stuff like that and continue to live, to their death, a happy and healthy life

Edit: But just to make sure that didn't come across as disagreeing, I actually agree wholeheartedly about the importance of privacy as I practice it myself and encourage others to. I also just think we can't label people a certain way if they just don't care

The whole Google is Big Brother discussion is a little off topic.

All of those shares and likes and we get no new info. :( Usually campaigns like that have more of a pay off. The art is nice though.

Have just seen the box art, am i the only one who found it "meh?". I didnt read the whole 19 pages of this topic but i find it somewhat banal, dont like also the ppl in the front giving you their backs, its unrespectful :p

I like it better than the G&K one. I don't mind the turned backs--kind of puts you in the position of that person looking towards your society/civilization and its respective focus. I just hope that the ideology system itself will actually be a fun gameplay system.

I don't get the feeling from what we know that it is the most suitable feature of the expansion to have representing Brave New World. Then again, Gods and Kings really didn't either.

Moderator Action: 2 similar threads merged.

Seems that their marketing department now really has arrived at the very bottom :shake:.

Yeah they jumped the shark on this one.

Brave New World will have a unique box in Poland. Here it is.
Spoiler :

I don't know if more country have their unique boxes. If they have, please post them.

Wow. That is ridiculously awesome! I take it the one on the right is Jan III Sobieski?

Top Bottom