Boycott CIV 4! (Shields not Hammers!)

Helmling

Philosopher King
People, we must NOT buy this game! It is a betrayal to the proud Civilization legacy that has spanned decades! (Well, more than one decade anyway!)

Don't let them do this to us and our game!

You know what I'm talking about! Production is measured in sheilds, people! Not "hammers!" We cannot accept this outrage!

Moderator Action: Topic changed so it is more descriptive.

Aye! How often in history have people used "hammers" to build things? And yet Firaxis believes that they are somehow superior to blue shields? It's a travesty, I say! Death to Sid Meier! We shall keep shielding away at his defenses until there is nothing left!

Mewtarthio said:
Aye! How often in history have people used "hammers" to build things? And yet Firaxis believes that they are somehow superior to blue shields? It's a travesty, I say! Death to Sid Meier! We shall keep shielding away at his defenses until there is nothing left!
This will be my first mod!

Once again people are complaining about things that could probably be modded and changed. Sure it isn't out of the box but well if you don't agree with it...its time to take some time and mod it which I'm sure will be done. Instead of boycotting CIV4 how bout lets boycott you from society simply because we don't agree with you...sounds dumb eh?

No more shields!! No more shields!! No more shields!!
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Mewtarthio said:

How often in history have people used "Shields" to build things?

Shield Pyramid :confused:

How could he dare defy the sacred tradition! Everyone knows that blue shields have been used throughout history in almost every aspect of society! Hammers? What the heck are those for? Blue shields- now I could use a few of those. [/Sarcasm]
Where did the idea for shields to represent production come in the first place?

No more criticism! Come on people they're so close to the major revelation in the Civilization series! They need our support!!!

BTW, hammers make more sense to me, although I see it as the last link to Civ1 is now gone. In Civ1 you have wheat, shields, and arrows. Civ 3 brought in bread and coins. Now the shields will be gone, too.

Hammers seem more logical to represent work. Shields perhaps for military units, but I wouldn't see a pyramid build by stacking shields!

OK, at first I thought that this was another complaint thread but, once I got to the last line, I realised that Helmling is simply 'making fun' of the whiners with this Joke Thread. Well Done, Helmling :)!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Well if people don't like the hammers I'm sure there's a way so that they could always just change the graphic

I think that this just goes to show that Sid is a COMMIE PINKO BASTARD and obviously against the sacred tenents of Capitalism (ahmen). My fellow consumers, it is to you I say this, support this boycott! Think of the children!! Oh won't someone think of the children! I mean, they'll see all those hammers (and God knows that Sid probably put some sickles in there as well ... what are those "workers" using huh??) and they will all turn COMMIE!! Dear Lord, please save our Capitalism (ahmen).

Other ammendments Civ should have to make it more in line with the TRUTH!

1. The leader of the USA should be George Walker Bush (Ahmen, praise the Lord)
2. Great people in history should be limited to Jesus and Condi Rice, and perhaps Daddy Bush
3. There should be no tax rate slider for the rich
4. There should only be 2 civic options
a. Living with God under Capitalism (ahmen)
b. Commie pinko bastard crap (has -400 penalty to every stat for that "civ" if you can even call it that)

Thank you dear consumers for your attention. Now let us pray together for the next great Profit ...

Did anyone complain this much when they changed Civ2's Trade Arrows to Civ3's Commerce?

EDIT: And if this is a joke thread, the question is directed at previous complaints for this topic :mischief:

@Albow

You forgot
5. Science slider can not be raised above 0
6. All countries besides UK have -5 attitude
7. Always War variant

<prepares for flaming> :) :)

Bio Hazard,

Don't agree with no 5 sorry ... you can have science, but it has to be to discover 'intelligent design' and 'intelligent falling' and 'intelligent market capitalism' ... hey, why are we not trying to find this invisible hand of the market I tell ya??

Oh, and eat asbestos, it will protect you from flaming ... mmm ... tasty but deadly ...

Top Bottom